Big Issue sellers, shouting or not?

I'm interested in what the good folks of this forum prefer as a sales tecnique from their big issue vendors. Some vendors are very vocal but personally I prefer to say hello to folks and if they want to buy the magazine leave it up to them without overtly mentioning the product, which when I'm wearing a bib saying "Big issue" and carrying a stack of magazines I hope people can figure out by themselves that I'm not selling pineapples or used Vauxhalls.

Am I being overly conservative in my approach?

Who really wants "Bigger Shoes" !!!!!

Who realy wants "Bigger Shoes" !!!!!

People with big feet?

I think you've got the right approach.

I'm interested in what the good folks of this forum prefer as a sales tecnique from their big issue vendors. Some vendors are very vocal but personally I prefer to say hello to folks and if they want to buy the magazine leave it up to them without overtly mentioning the product, which when I'm wearing a bib saying "Big issue" and carrying a stack of magazines I hope people can figure out by themselves that I'm not selling pineapples or used Vauxhalls.

Am I being overly conservative in my approach?

cowboy76, I had to laugh at this incident. A Big Issue seller, in town, asked me politely to buy a copy, and when I declined he said " Have a nice day ,Madam" after I had gone a few yards further on , he muttered under his breath " Silly bitch" !! I laughed my head off. :D:D

Why do they shout " The big shoe " they are selling a magazine, not a big shoe

Why do they shout " The big shoe " they are selling a magazine, not a big shoe

The one i buy from doesn't specify size...just "shoe"

Personally, i think that the sellers should't shout what htey are selling.

Everyone by now knows what the big issuse is - what it looks like and where it can b e brought.

I get mine from a great guy down waitrose every week, there is no shouting, he jsut says hello and smiles at everyone - this is my prefered approach to be honest - an open and friendly sales person will always get me, what ever they are selling

S xx

Wouldn't it be muc better. if we sent the little issue sellers to howden house! s that they can get signed pt Shefield hose. homeless poilcy. 28 days later have a single person pad. and back into emplyment..

isnt this btter then letting them get sone

theres this one bloke in town (scottish) who called me a c*** for not buying it one morning. i laughed.

Wouldn't it be muc better. if we sent the little issue sellers to howden house! s that they can get signed pt Shefield hose. homeless poilcy. 28 days later have a single person pad. and back into emplyment..

isnt this btter then letting them get sone

and back down from cloud cuckoo land into reality?

Most people now couldnt even walk into a job, and as for a council flat thats just as laughable.

I thought it was against b.i. sellers code of conduct to shout at people?

dull

Paper sellers (newspapers) used to shout all the time. No-one kicked up a big fuss even when someone selling a "daily mail" would seem to shout "dur murr".

Shouting "big issue, geert yer big shoe" is far less invasive, IMO, than approaching people and waving the paper in their direction whilst asking "big issue?" quietly.

Shouting the name of the paper is not the same as shouting AT someone.