Has anyone seen a house with xmas decorations up?

It's crazy some towns are actually cutting back on street lighting, due to the credit crunch.

What will they do come Christmas ?

Someone by us has them up, but then they never actually took them down in the first place!

If you don't take them down by 12th night then you have to leave them up all year or it's bad luck! Apparently ;)

I'm waiting for the people at a house at Meadowbank/Blackburn roundabout to put up their lights and massive Santa etc outside their house, as this helps to light up the dual carriageway! (Gives Blackpool a run for its money!)

I wonder if people will cut back a bit this year due to the cost of electricity.

There have been a few national stories of people not doing as much this year. They are the ones who usually have collections for charities.

There's 2 houses on my road that have crimbo decorations up all year round! One of the houses has been empty for the whole year we've lived here and has been up for sale (still with the decorations plastered all over the front of the house) for the last 6 months. The other has got a tree made out of lights on the front porch and that also stays up all year! Mine will be going up 12 days before crimbo (or the wkend closest to this!)

Apparently according to my missus the Firth Park bowl was decked out last night.

You see I was concentrating on winning, so I took no notice of deco's.

Guess who won?

Yep she did:(

I have all my Christmas trimmings exactly as they will be on Christmas day!

I really cant believe people put their trimmings up as early as this.

Ive seen the house on Wordsworth Ave, they usually switch on sometime in October I think.

All the supermarkets put theirs up too early so that by the time xmas comes your sick to the teeth of it. I cant remember shops putting up their trimmings as early as they do now when I was a kid. Is it something thats happened over the last 5-10 years or has it always been like this?

i coudnt believe my eyes when i drove past a house the other day. it has all the christmas decorations up i just said october.

Yes there's one up road from us what keeps there lights up all year round lol.

a lot of houses on our stret keep their decorations up al year round the lights on the side of the house that is.

The chrismas lights,the few the coucil bother to put up are all ready up in Sheffield city centre. The council say its done before the realy bad weather sets in and the electrictions get busy.

But christmas comes earlier every year,look at all the crimbo cards in the shops,and the telly adverts,

i take bookings for Dec and christmas all year round,ive been trying to book a venue for my daughters 21st birthday the second week in Dec,and most of the venues have been booked up monthe and weeks ago.

anyway plan your christmas now,because if you havnt allready done so you will be getting told to book your summer holiday 2009 in the next couple of weeks,watch out for the Holiday adverts comming on the telly in the next few weeks,they used to wait till Boxing day when i was a kid,and thats a nother thing for scroge to mone about why do January sales start on Boxing day and not january 1st.!!!!!

I think I`ve seen a house with decs up tonight,will check for definate tomorrow then let you know for sure! I`m sorry to tell dan_999uk it isn`t a council house!!

i coudnt believe my eyes when i drove past a house the other day. it has all the christmas decorations up i just said october.

That's appalling! Go and burn it down.