Which estate agent are you currently using and what's your deal?

I'm considering changing my agent to give a fresh approach to marketing my property but not sure who to change to, so I'm interested in which agent you are currently using and what deal you've got (i.e. what % of sale price are you contracted to pay them, are they no sale no fee, do they offer free ads in property guide and if not, how much are you paying per ad, are there any other costs, how much notice do you have to give to remove from market etc).

Also, how are you finding them - are they proactive in marketing your property? Have they suggested ways you could improve your home to market it? Do they actively seek people to view your property or just wait for viewers to ring them?

Any other comments?

Thanks,

Aqua

x

Dont forget to check the deal small print

With a lot of the agents in Sheffield (but not the rest of the UK) if they have your house on their books but you sell it to me after I see the link in your post here they will still demand and sue you for commission

This is obviously totally unfair

It is one of the many reasons I have no sympathy with these people and Im glad many are going to the wall

They creamed it during the good times and made fools of us dont forget

Deepak :)

With a lot of the agents in Sheffield (but not the rest of the UK) if they have your house on their books but you sell it to me after I see the link in your post here they will still demand and sue you for commission

Deepak :)

It would be hard to prove that they introduced you to the property apart from you seeing the advert on a web site that the agents subscribe to so why shouldnt they be paid to advertise someones house during which they have themselves been charged for - only fair isnt it? Afterall, the advertising is there to introduce people to the property and that is exactly what it has done.

Thanks for your reply but I'm already aware of that and to be fair, that's not what I asked - I just want to know which estate agents people are using and how they are finding them.

If anyone has any comments on this then I'd be really grateful. Thanks.

A x

Using WH Brown and disappointed,the market is now difficult but most estate agents are doing nothing different to sell the property,the marketing has been poor ie small black and white pictures in the Telegraph,thinking of hanging on till after xmas the moving to another agent.

Been with Bairstow Eves and for over a year now. It would appear that the crookes office is in some real trouble. Thet never call and only one viewing in the last 6 months.

It was a 1% deal. Shame we didn't go no sale, no fee.

Let's just hope they go bust and we don't have to pay.

I've used most estate agents over the years but now I only use Whitehorne Estate agents on chesterfield road, woodseats.

They have been the most efficient and professional and also cheaper than others i've used

Hiya from lettolive!

Why not go with lettolive, we have a variety of offers for all you landlords out there.

Don't pay a penny untill we let your property, or let us pay your rent for 2 years, with the security of knowing your rent WILL be payed, there will be no worrying about late morgage payments or bills!

Have a look on our website for a full description of all our offers!

or call our office NOW!

Love from lettolive

Hiya from lettolive!

Why not go with lettolive, we have a variety of offers for all you landlords out there.

Don't pay a penny untill we let your property, or let us pay your rent for 2 years, with the security of knowing your rent WILL be payed, there will be no worrying about late morgage payments or bills!

Have a look on our website for a full description of all our offers!

or call our office NOW!

Love from lettolive

And which estate agent are you using?? :rolleyes:

There is a special section for advertising to keep these threads clear of this sort of thing.

Been with Bairstow Eves and for over a year now. It would appear that the crookes office is in some real trouble. Thet never call and only one viewing in the last 6 months.

It was a 1% deal. Shame we didn't go no sale, no fee.

Let's just hope they go bust and we don't have to pay.

If it's a 1% deal it should be no sale no fee, surely?

I was considering using them but they've not phone me back even.