Too Many Good Games on the Horizon?

thanks

no i dont own a 360 or ps3 sadly lol i just stick to the old xbox and my pc

ahwell 20 days to wait for it brilliant game btw :)

Off topic, but someone please sell me on Gears. Isn't it just a 3rd person shooter with a 'hide' button? What am I missing here?

Off topic, but someone please sell me on Gears. Isn't it just a 3rd person shooter with a 'hide' button? What am I missing here?

Good graphics, but very dark and a bit uninteresting IMO, I only bought it cos my annoying pleb Cousin pestered me to get it based on the hype... Like The Sims on the PC, he even rang the woman at Micro Fun on Holme Lane and got her to save me a copy on release day... I played it about 3 times and sold it on eBay, most overrated tosh ever.

are you guys nuts?gears 1 was one of the best campaign games ever,i wasn't bothered about the online cause there was too much host advantage,but gears 2 is looking very promising indeed,just 3 more weeks.

Halo Recon & Halo Wars?

Well its selling point is that it's the best looking console game ever (or at least it was a year ago). In single-player it can be highly frustrating because it's a team/squad battle and the teammate AI is shocking. In co-op, however, split-screen or online, it's a hectic and frantic battle. I'm replaying it through on Insane with a mate over Live and it's just brilliant.

Any body on here going to get Far cry 2 ?

Nope. I'm sure it will be good, but I don't think it will be quite good enough to squeeze into the very limited time schedule that this rush is going to leave me with. FIFA, Gears 2, Fable 2, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero 4 and Mirror's Edge all come above. I'll pick it up for a tenner during next summer's inevitable drought.

I am, should be good on a rainy day - go on a safari in the heat, virtual heat but hey ho :D

Is CoD 5 set in WWII again? If it is, I wouldn't have minded it being set in Vietnam instead! Oh well, I'll probably get it anyways :-).

i've got far cry 2 it's good but i'm just not keen on the free roaming part of the game,but it looks and plays well when the action starts.also gears of war 2 is just amazing have been playing it for a couple of days and it is class.

Is CoD 5 set in WWII again? If it is, I wouldn't have minded it being set in Vietnam instead! Oh well, I'll probably get it anyways :-).

Yup, it's WW2. It's also Treyarch, so will be rubbish.