Gym Prices in Sheffield.

So i've looked on the websites and they don't really have much of a price list, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me the prices of a gym membership for Greens, Fitness First and Virgin Active? Failing that, if anyone can recommend another Gym in Sheffield, preferably not too far from the S7 area.

Also, any reviews or information about the gym you go to would be much appreciated - as you can tell, im looking into joining but don't know where to begin!

So i've looked on the websites and they don't really have much of a price list, so I was wondering if anyone can tell me the prices of a gym membership for Greens, Fitness First and Virgin Active? Failing that, if anyone can recommend another Gym in Sheffield, preferably not too far from the S7 area.

Also, any reviews or information about the gym you go to would be much appreciated - as you can tell, im looking into joining but don't know where to begin!

I go to Virgin and it's £43 per month if you sign up for a year. Or £50 per month if you don't sign up.

Only bad thing is it's gets busy so not going to tell everyone how great and value for money it is or they will all sign up :hihi:

That doesn't seem like very good value for money at all for me, I would only go once or twice a week which would work out at just over a fiver a session, thats if I was to sign up for the entire year!

Is there any gyms people enjoy, preferably with a pool, that doesn't have such an expensive price tag on?

Gyms are expensive, all the mega ones like that with a pool will be around that price I would have thought.

That doesn't seem like very good value for money at all for me, I would only go once or twice a week which would work out at just over a fiver a session, thats if I was to sign up for the entire year!

Is there any gyms people enjoy, preferably with a pool, that doesn't have such an expensive price tag on?

The private gyms all seem to be really expensive. Try either of the universities or the council gyms for cheaper membership:

http://www.shu.ac.uk/sporthallam/prices.html

http://www.shef.ac.uk/usport/s10/membership/prices.html

http://www.fitnessunlimited.co.uk/

It's also worth noting that if you're unsure how much you're going to use it then you can pay for the gym induction and just go to the council gyms on a pay per visit basis.

Ponds Forge £22.99 a month and that includes everything in there.

That seems much better value for money, what's parking like?

S10 is cheap especially if you are a student. You could join a night course, get your NUS card and get student rates at S10 gym.

I'm a member of greens which is £42 a month for on peak.

But its tiny (the gym) compared to others, even after its referb.

I found Virgin really busy. And it seemed to be getting busier, till I sacked it off. Couldn't be bothered waiting for machines so all I do now is sit-ups and pess-ups at home, and go out twice a week on my bike. I had the bike before so it's for nowt.

If I get sick of the weather in winter, I might try the one up at Graves sports centre. £28 a month I think it is.

Just wait a few years - it gets much cheaper when you're over 55. :)

Just wait a few years - it gets much cheaper when you're over 55. :)

a few? We'll all be dead by the time she reaches 55