Does anybody work in Harrogate???

If anybody live in Sheffield and has to go to Harrogate Monday to Friday can you write me...

Because I am starting end of October, 2008 and will drive till Harrogate from Sheffield.

We can share some expenses and travel together by car.

Thanks

I know you didn't ask for general comments on it, but I'll make one anyway. It's a pain in the neck to drive from Sheffield to Harrogate. If someone asked about the commute I'd say not to take a job there unless you were prepared to move house.

No, i am thinking to drive there for at least a year, because I settled down in Sheffield right now.

I read some comments about driving to Harrogate, but I havent got any other choices.

I used to go out with a girl from Harrogate many years back, and drove there regularly for a couple of years. It's not that bad a drive, I used to often do it in about 90-100 minutes (she actually lived in one of the villages to the north of Harrogate so it took longer than going to the town itself).

It's a hell of a lot quicker now than it used to be thanks to the M1 extension to the A1, I used to have to get to the A1 from the M1 either around on the M62 or cut through on minor roads.

The problem with getting to harrogate for work time is that every body else will be doing the same .

You get almost aily reports of problems on the M1 round junction 38 up to the M62 I wouldnt want to think that I was communting to harrogate from sheffield daily .

I used to go out with a girl from Harrogate many years back, and drove there regularly for a couple of years. It's not that bad a drive, I used to often do it in about 90-100 minutes (she actually lived in one of the villages to the north of Harrogate so it took longer than going to the town itself).

It's a hell of a lot quicker now than it used to be thanks to the M1 extension to the A1, I used to have to get to the A1 from the M1 either around on the M62 or cut through on minor roads.

That's 3 hrs a day commuting, if the traffic is good. That sounds pretty bad to me.

What I think is, if I go by train it will take me still more than 4 hours, still 3 hours looks like better way.

If you have ever seen the northbound M1 at 7.30 in the morning with it's 9 mile queue into Leeds then I would take a job in Barnsley.

If you have ever seen the northbound M1 at 7.30 in the morning with it's 9 mile queue into Leeds then I would take a job in Barnsley.

Well that's understandable - who in their right mind would want to LIVE in Leeds as well as having to work there.