Need child care urgently can you help me ?

I was wondering if anyone can help i am having real trouble getting a child minder who can pick up and drop off at Dore School , the minder that i use at the moment is quitting on friday 24th leaving us high and dry ! i am a single parent working 9/5 can you help me please my daughter is 5 years old?

Lacey.Put a notice up on the school board...you may find that some mother may have sympathies.

thanks alien i didn't think of that , it's worth atry at least

Ring social services, they have the list of child-minders as they have to be registered now. Please be very careful who you allow to pick your child up.

Did you know that your employer now has to give you the hours that work around your childs needs. May be worth looking into.

Unfortunately, employers don't have to give you the hours to suit your child's needs. They are legally oblidged to consider requests for flexible or reduced working hours if you are a parent with a young child though. Some do take this responsibility seriously.

I know that some parents are keen to help out in a crisis and having your little one go to a couple of friends' houses for a few days would certainly be a good way to deal with a gap in provision and a lovely way of letting her spend some time with her friends outside of school hours!

You might find it useful to browse through the parenting section of SF, where you'll find lists of childminders and some details of other useful childcare types.

The list of all childminders in Sheffield is actually held by Sheffield Information Link, telephone 0114 275 6699. If you contact them they can help you find a childminder that picks up from the school you want as they keep a record of this. They will also send you a list of childminders with their contact details so that you can contact, speak and visit the childminder before making your decision. They also have lists of things such as out of school clubs as well.