Un-usual response from Traffic Police?

"drive off in the other direction because they somehow 'couldn't be arsed' is ridiculous and incredibly naive"

and almost certainly true !!!

They will have been filming for "Traffic Cops" and ran out of film :hihi:

Joking apart, which is hard with hearing some of the Excuses I've heard on here, It is the responcability of the police to pull them over and get them off the road asap. check the car out, the driver and the motorcycle in the boot.

Thats the top and bottom of it. no if's or but's .

The fact is that the majority of people with foriegn plates get ticketed for all sorts or traffic offences and this county does Jack about it because it cost too much to chase up abroad and the investications abroad don't bear enough fruit for them to care too much.

These officers probably know this without a doubt and just adding to the uncomfortable figures on this sort of thing is the last thing they will be wanting. :|

IMO means In My Opinion, thats why there is no citation.

I know what the thread is about but I was replying to puddinburner who was just talking about forigners entering the country.

I was just pointing out the connect between Traffic Officers and the growing number of outlaw's who think they can do what the hell they like, when they get over here!

No British licence, no clue as to the law we have for our road's, often will even share a licence with a legal british citizen brother!

If we were to do the same to them in their own country we would get shot by the cops in that country.....what's wrong with that:(

Is there any wonder our cop's " Can't be bothered"? If this is the case?

I was just pointing out the connect between Traffic Officers and the growing number of outlaw's who think they can do what the hell they like, when they get over here!

No British licence, no clue as to the law we have for our road's, often will even share a licence with a legal british citizen brother!

If we were to do the same to them in their own country we would get shot by the cops in that country.....what's wrong with that:(

Is there any wonder our cop's " Can't be bothered"? If this is the case?

I might have come across wrong, I wasn't wanting to fall out with you and agree it would be better if we stopped this sort of thing.

What I was saying was that the average brit going on holls doesn't bother to learn the laws of the country so why should we expect it from others.

I think though (having thought about it some more) our own laws cover us in most other countries anyway and so it's not a problem but some forigners come from countries with more relaxed laws or enforcement and then it becoms a problem.

So want to call a truce on this?

Yes....of course, was'nt even arguing? Merely my personal opinion, have been on both sides of the fence, so can see it from cop's point of view as well as joe public...lol

Government? Letting us ALL down BIG STYLE!!! Cop's getting t'd off, the rest of us getting T'd off too. No win situation all round.

Come here and have a BIG HUG Snowman!!! Oooooh prehap's not a good idea cos you'll melt..lol

Yes....of course, was'nt even arguing? Merely my personal opinion, have been on both sides of the fence, so can see it from cop's point of view as well as joe public...lol

Government? Letting us ALL down BIG STYLE!!! Cop's getting t'd off, the rest of us getting T'd off too. No win situation all round.

Come here and have a BIG HUG Snowman!!! Oooooh prehap's not a good idea cos you'll melt..lol

The Snowman is after the lorry driver in Smokey and the Bandit so I wont melt, but my heart might as I know your an ok person and be glad to have a hug with you. Glad that didn't turn nasty as it may have done with some other posters on here.

In that case 10-10 good buddy!!! LOL, I never fall out with anyone cos you may need that somebody one day.

Will be glad to have a convo 10-8, OMG it's all coming back, now that's frightening..:)

In that case 10-10 good buddy!!! LOL, I never fall out with anyone cos you may need that somebody one day.

Will be glad to have a convo 10-8, OMG it's all coming back, now that's frightening..:)

I like the snowman but not a lorry driver so dont know all the codes. I do know breaker breaker 19 looking for a sound check over as I used to install CB's in taxis.

I saw a copper waiting at a junction to turn right..... another car came down the wrong side of the road passing all the waiting traffic and then preceeded to cut up the copper to turn left.

Copper did nothing, I even beeped and pointed to the car that'd just cut her up and she simply shrugged her shoulders.

No money to be made I presume.

or perhaps a 'basic' grade driver unable ( according to force policy ) to persue, 'actively follow' or perform a moving traffic stop and not insured to claim exemptions or using warning devices in motion becasue she hasn't had the chance to be spared from duties for three very full weeks to attend a response driver course.