Un-usual response from Traffic Police?

you can be sure the plod would have stopped them if they were doing 33 in a 30 mph zone. quick ticket , £30 ,thank you very much ! anything that involves doing any proper police work they cant be arsed!

Incorrect, £60 and the possibility of going to court if they don't pay. Besides, I know the SYP policy on what speeds to prosecute at, do you?

. . . and my spade is still missing, despite my rather excellent description of it. :mad:

yes 10% plus 2 miles an hour

30 equals 35 and above for ticket

No it isn't.

I think I know the answer to this........

I wish there was a register people like that could sign to opt out of police services - then when someone is breaking in or smashing their car up and the police are called, something flashes up saying they don't want police help and the police can lawfully tell them to do one.

That is what some people think has already happened, trouble is that they did not sign your register and are still paying taxes.

They get the feeling that unless your name is Beckham, or you are an MP or you have some clout; you get no service from the Police.

Of course there are many good officers about, but they are struggling, hampered with daft systems of work and low staffing levels.

We need to get rid of the poor officers especially at the top and employ more enthusiastic ones.

The police are obliged to investigate collisions where there has been an injury. If it's damage only then they will just advise you of your legal responsibilities in terms of exchanging details.

No I suffered a head injury,whiplash, sprained wrist, muscle trauma and damage to my spine (like a fracture) but they fobbed me off. Interesting.

I wonder if it's the call operators 'fobbing' you off though. If you didn't make it clear that you were injured and/or that you thought the other driver might give false details then they might have incorrectly not sent a patrol to check.

I agree about targeting the motorists for what it's worth. Inappropriate action against motorists is alienating the public.

the police need us public on their side but constantly hitting motorists ,has like you say , worked against the police

Czech plates? Overloaded? Probably falling to bits?

It'll be in the disabled spaces, parked at a jaunty angle, at Tesco Infirmary Rd about now then!:thumbsup:

Just curious, how did you come to the conclusion the Police car wasn't going to another call?

just sayin there is more chance they couldnt be bothered with the paper work etc than to bother at all.

but you never know they could have been going to another job. who am i to say after last time i said my view that wasnt to joes liking i was a silly little girl, criminally minded lol........ :loopy::loopy:

Just curious, how did you come to the conclusion the Police car wasn't going to another call?

At the lights for Upwell St/Holywell St, the foreign car was two cars behind us, and the Subaru pulled along side it. The Policeman had a look, but when the lights changed, he set off towards Meadowhall.

It still riles me that nothing was done. I was expecting the blue lights to come on, and the car to be investigated.

What would have happened if they had been in an accident? No-one was wearing seatbelts.

as many have said -they didnt want all the paperwork so turn a blind eye