Un-usual response from Traffic Police?

lol i phoned west bar sargent thats where i was told to complian i did still waiting for response 2 weeks later

With so so many people on the band waggon out to complain about the police, it's no wonder why the police dont have time to investigate crime, or pull over cars etc....

Maybe the Police Officer was rushing back to the Police Station in order to collate an important report to his supervisory officer, to explain why he had not stopped a car a week earlier...which was witnessed by a member of the public who later thought it prudent to make a complaint..........and the cycle goes on....

Do Police Officers tell you how to do your job ??? I think not..then let them get on with theirs.

Yes.. you do contribute to the Police funds through your Council Tax..for those that pay it...as you do for the rubbish collections, Fire Service and National Health, Education, Social Services and Housing.

When was the last time a Firefighter, Teacher, Doctor or Refuse collector heard the words "I PAY YOUR WAGES"...Yeah...EXACTLY......

The difference is that the Police have the decency to treat you courteously despite the overwhelmingly disgraceful attitutes shown to them.....

For those that don't share that Courteous service...well maybe you don't deserve it !

unfortunately to many police rely on scanner on car and if it comes up clean don't bother checking for anything else.

With so many people on the band waggon out to complain about the police, it's no wonder why the police dont have time to investigate crime, or pull over cars etc....

Maybe the Police Officer was rushing back to the Police Station in order to collate an important report to his supervisory officer, to explain why he had not stopped a car a week earlier...which was witnessed by a member of the public who later thought it prudent to make a complaint..........and the cycle goes on....

Do Police Officers tell you how to do your job ??? I think not..then let them get on with theirs.

Yes.. you do contribute to the Police funds through your Council Tax..for those that pay it...as you do for the rubbish collections, Fire Service and National Health, Education, Social Services and Housing.

When was the last time a Firefighter, Teacher, Doctor or Refuse collector heard the words "I PAY YOUR WAGES"...Yeah...EXACTLY......

The difference is that the Police have the decency to treat you courteously despite the overwhelmingly disgraceful attitutes shown to them.....

For those that don't share that Courteous service...well maybe you don't deserve it !

The problem is that too many law abiding people have had very poor to extremely bad experiences, from dealings with the Police.

It is no longer reasonable for people like you to defend the poor behaviour we have now come to expect from the Police.

Police officers do tell us how to do our jobs, that is actually a part of their job… ensuring people comply with the law, mostly for our own safety. They should however apply the law with equality and commonsense.

People are getting sick to the back teeth of Police excuses, and little commonsense being applied.

You say “the Police have the decency to treat you courteously despite the overwhelmingly disgraceful attitutes shown to them…

For those that don't share that Courteous service...well maybe you don't deserve it “

But a lot of law abiding decent people have been treated with growing discourtesy, and have seen the Police just going for easy targets. The easy targets being the average law abiding citizen who has in the past always respected the Police, but is now becoming very cynical and has very little faith in the fairness, reliability, appropriate action taken, and quality of service provided by the Police.

We do, by the way, pay the wages of the Police, and we would like a better service; what is wrong with that?

Some of the posters on here supporting the Police, possibly serving Officers, also show the kind of disrespect that obviously exists within the Police force., saying such abusive things as calling another poster a ‘silly girl’, just because he does not agree with the other posters opinion. Well if this guy is a Police officer would you like to be stopped by him for some perceived or minor infraction ?

We all get frustrated with others at times , but Police officers are trained they know, or should know what the job entails: being on the receiving end of abuse and worse, they should act professional at all times; or find another career.

The problem is that too many law abiding people have had very poor to extremely bad experiences, from dealings with the Police.

It is no longer reasonable for people like you to defend the poor behaviour we have now come to expect from the Police.

Police officers do tell us how to do our jobs, that is actually a part of their job… ensuring people comply with the law, mostly for our own safety. They should however apply the law with equality and commonsense.

People are getting sick to the back teeth of Police excuses, and little commonsense being applied.

You say “the Police have the decency to treat you courteously despite the overwhelmingly disgraceful attitutes shown to them…

For those that don't share that Courteous service...well maybe you don't deserve it “

But a lot of law abiding decent people have been treated with growing discourtesy, and have seen the Police just going for easy targets. The easy targets being the average law abiding citizen who has in the past always respected the Police, but is now becoming very cynical and has very little faith in the fairness, reliability, appropriate action taken, and quality of service provided by the Police.

We do, by the way, pay the wages of the Police, and we would like a better service; what is wrong with that?

Some of the posters on here supporting the Police, possibly serving Officers, also show the kind of disrespect that obviously exists within the Police force., saying such abusive things as calling another poster a ‘silly girl’, just because he does not agree with the other posters opinion. Well if this guy is a Police officer would you like to be stopped by him for some perceived or minor infraction ?

We all get frustrated with others at times , but Police officers are trained they know, or should know what the job entails: being on the receiving end of abuse and worse, they should act professional at all times; or find another career.

WELL SAID!!!!! :hihi: I thought it was extremely anti PC to call someone Sweetheart these day's anyway? Tutt...tutt.

They do have a very difficult job to do at times but as you say If they can't "Hack it" and have to resort to below the belt sarcasm, then that just get's our back up, making the job even more difficult. Officers with this attitude, probably learned over time, dealing with anti police public...should go back to training and learn the art of public liason skills.

This attitude show's to me, just how low the moral in the police force must be? You are a cop, it is your job to help people, to uphold the law and preserve life when needed...Justice with courage? more like justice with a grudge against all general public!

Come on smile!!!! All you grumpy cop's, it's only eight hours per shift then you all get to go home again...we on the other hand, have to live with the lowlifes doing all manner of thing's to our property and worse...all the time, no rest!

We then have to rely on the police doing something about it.

it's not case of disagreeing with that persons opinion, it's the fact that she is wrong and doesn't know what she is talking about. BUT comes onto a forum spouting aggressive views towards the police, when she cleary has no idea or proof to back up her "OPINION".

Essentially what is being said by people on here is that they feel entitled to slate the police, but police officers are not allowed to respond and are not entitled to an opinion or to fight their corner. How terribly fair.

Further to this, it's not about being able to hack it! This is a FORUM, a place where people can air their views. If people want to come on here and comment on a subject that they know little of, then they should accept that they may be corrected.

Forum is for Educated discussion and voicing the views of everyday life and Sheffield people.....freedom of speech etc.

Of course the police have a right to voice there's too, so I can't see what the problem is or why people are getting so upset?

If a young probationer is not able to "Hack" the job, they find out very quickly as they do not get the soft option once on the beat.

In at the deep end and if it's your vocation, then they go far.

On the other hand if a police officer get's mega hacked off, one can expect a few word's of sarcasm....he/she is only human and the better form of valour of course!

Well I'm just going to "Hack off" on my horse, so will see you guy's later after a good old hack...good grief????

Discussion NOT ripping shred's off each other!

Oh dear Oh dear, I see you folks are stressing out our officers again, just complain again because they did naff all for you because you stressed them out, then complain that they did naff all and stress them out some more.

Lovely cycle, I think you should all take a chill pill.

How many of you live in sheffield btw.

Don't get me wrong, I'll have a good whine about them every now again when I disagree with something, but for the majority I don't disagree with them.

Well done that officer not booking the foreigners, it might have fuelled more race hate.

well, you won't see me on here anymore. im signing out. There are too many people on here that rely on the police, but use any excuse to have a go at them, despite that fact that they don't actually know how the law or policing works. I love my job, i am a workaholic, i try my best for the victims that i deal with and have had some great results for them. I still visit people long after their case is closed, just to see how they are getting on. But to come on here day after day and see such disdain and derision towards officers that risk their lives on a daily basis is quite soul destroying.

well, you won't see me on here anymore. im signing out. There are too many people on here that rely on the police, but use any excuse to have a go at them, despite that fact that they don't actually know how the law or policing works. I love my job, i am a workaholic, i try my best for the victims that i deal with and have had some great results for them. I still visit people long after their case is closed, just to see how they are getting on. But to come on here day after day and see such disdain and derision towards officers that risk their lives on a daily basis is quite soul destroying.

no point throwing the teddy out of the cot joe . I agree you have been helpfull on topics of law on the forum , but you must agree that any other company than the police that got such a negative response from the public it serves would have something wrong with it . this thread started about a car with foriegn plates , seven passengers and a motorbike hanging out of the boot being driven in sheffield and the police didn't stop them . IF the police who saw them were on the way to another job is irrellevant as the police did not have lights flashing on their way to their destination it surely could have waited 5 minutes for them to detain the driver and call for someone to come and deal with it . I agree that plod does get knocked a lot on here and sometimes undeservedly so . I posted as much on another thread the other day , but people are not always wrong and when we hear all the crap about traffic offences and speeding being danerous blah blah blah , this situation was also dangerous and allowed to carry on being so AFTER being seen to happen by the police .

I think I know the answer to this........

The bobby in the Subaru was a lazy so and so and couldn't be arsed with dealing with an obviously griefy job. The car looked foreign, the chances are that the driver was foreign, so he would have had to mess about with an interpreter and possibly a report on summons file as dependent on the licence he might not be able to be issued a fixed penalty for a driving in a dangerous manner. After all, this bobby drives a Subaru, he doesn't mess with dross like this anymore.

Bet you a pound to a penny that's what happened.

However, people should realise Police Officers are exactly the same as everyone else, and some are better at their jobs/more conscientious than others.

That's a fact of life and will not change.

As for all the drivel on here about police are crap and they aren't doing anything and I'm not going to help them - like Joe said - fine. Its not the police you'll be hindering, they get paid anyway. It'll be the victim of whatever crime they are investigating that will suffer.

I wish there was a register people like that could sign to opt out of police services - then when someone is breaking in or smashing their car up and the police are called, something flashes up saying they don't want police help and the police can lawfully tell them to do one.