Un-usual response from Traffic Police?

Today, I saw something that was a complete joke.

We (myself, wife, mother-in-law, and daughter) saw a red estate car (number plates were Czech) and the boot was open with a motorbike hanging out. There was 7 people inside, and were'nt wearing seatbelts. There was two in the front, with 5 (yes 5!) squashed in the back!!!

They came up the M1, and come off at Meadowhall, same as us. We went the same way, past the Arena, and the state of their car was dangerous, and we said that if the police saw it, they'd surely be pulled over. When we got to Brightside Lane, I noticed a silver Police Subaru had pulled along side them, and I thought would surely stop them.

He followed them to the Upwell street junction, and turned off without doing anything!

Too many in a car to travel safely, a dangerous load, not wearing seatbelts, and the police did nothing!!!!!!!! He saw what was going off, back at the Brightside lane lights.

What a <blank> joke!!!

Found somewhere, and e-mailed them.

Doubt if i'll get a reply, tho.

it could be that they was doing a PNC check they do do that before pulling you over and if it was a foreign number plate maybe it was just not as easy to come up on pc. i just cant see that they did not pull them over with that amount of people in the car.

Found somewhere, and e-mailed them.

Doubt if i'll get a reply, tho.

Let us know the outcome, if you get one that is :rolleyes:

Id continue to e-mail and telephone them until I got an explaination.

Maybe the police were just posing not actually working????:hihi: Seen them wearing sunglasses and obviously looking cool in that car..lol

they didnt stop them because they probebly couldnt be arsed to do the paperwork

shocking though that is.

Maybe the police were just posing not actually working????:hihi: Seen them wearing sunglasses and obviously looking cool in that car..lol

Just thought, maybe the incident has to be phoned in before they can act on it????

i know, it's terrible. how dare police officers wear sunglasses to stop themselves being dazzled.

Could they have actually been on their way to something far more serious? You could have reported the vehicle aswell.

i know, it's terrible. how dare police officers wear sunglasses to stop themselves being dazzled.

LOL....To think the low sun in winter causes more crashes than anything else!

They do look really cool though! Especially when driving that scubby:hihi:

Certainly dazzle the ladies among us:D

I would hope that it's simply because they were going to another job, as waxonwaxoff said. I'd like to think that they reported the car to someone who was free to deal with it.

ultimately unless the OP followed the vehicle to see if another police mobiel turned up, they cant really say for certain what the outcome was. It often looks as though the police are just "driving" around, when they are infact going to a prioriy job (that doesnt need blue lights), going to take a statement/ collect CCTV or whatever. To just assume the officers did nothing is wrong, and though i can understand why people do it..... perhaps people ought to think a little bit more about things before jumping to conclusions.