Can anybody reccommend a Fireplace / Stove Fitter?

Hi,

I am looking for somebody who can install a wood burning stove for me. They will need to remove a fwe bricks first to enlarge the fireplace, and then skim it smooth. I've contacte three people so far, one gave a very high quote (for what is no more than a day's work), the other two have yet to return my calls!

Thanks,

Matt

Try Plasterline (do a Google search)

They are in Denby Dale, which is a bit of a trek, but worth it. They have quite a few working woodburning stoves in their showroom, and they do a good job.

there are very few people who can do and this coupled with the experience needed to install makes it an expensive job.

were are you ?

which model stove are you after .?

are you in a smokeless zone ?

correct flue ?

etc etc.

some manufacturers are quoting march for deliveries ...

Don't forget that if you need a cowl fitting to your chimney your installer will have to bring ten mates, have an ambulance on standy and won't be able to do it if there's the slightest breeze in the air.

Health and Safety.

I jest, kind of, but it's not cheap getting one of these lovely things installed.

I've had mine fitted about a year and it's the best money I spent on the house. I think I paid £1,000 for the actual stove and about £600 capping off existing gas supply and installing the new stove.

Don't half kick some dust and soot around the house, though.

there is a place in rotherham cant remember there name but they deal in wood burners ans solid fuel fires and do all the spare parts and fitting,

the last 7 i have surveyed could not be done due to technical difficulties of 1 thing or another.

the last 1 i went to was in chesterfield. the room has been fully decorated, new laminate floor, chimney breast painted and re plastered, laminate all the way into the opening and skirting all the way round the inside of the chimney breast.

customer wants .. a stove sticking in the opening and flue just put up the chimney ..

she wants no mess and wants it doing in the day ......

she still wants it doing .. i am afraid.

check my website and download part j regs for engand/wales. it will give you a good idea to what sort of spec is needed.

if you want a cheap install i have a number for you.. this is his work ..

solid fuel ,

looks nice does it not..

remove the fire and this is what it looked like behind it .. ?

solid fuel removal

the customer paid 200 for the fit. it would if killed him within the week.

this is a re-fitted fire to spec.

combination fireplace.

completed fireplace.

and i fitted a pot to and an air brick too. something the other engineer did not. and i also registered the install to building control and warrantied the work to .

the last 7 i have surveyed could not be done due to technical difficulties of 1 thing or another.

the last 1 i went to was in chesterfield. the room has been fully decorated, new laminate floor, chimney breast painted and re plastered, laminate all the way into the opening and skirting all the way round the inside of the chimney breast.

customer wants .. a stove sticking in the opening and flue just put up the chimney ..

she wants no mess and wants it doing in the day ......

she still wants it doing .. i am afraid.

Sounds like me... except I don't still want it doing as it was done on Tuesday :D

The skirting had to come off, the recess was fitted out with cement board and a large slab of Indian stone was laid. Stove cost £535 online (nice slim contemporary style) and fitting was £750 (with cowl and double skin flue). Only thing is I can't remember who fitted... but they knew their stuff. I would recommend but will have to ask the other half.

Hi Melanie

Can you remember who fitted the stove for you?

Thanks

Hi Simon,

P & P Construction

Tel: 0114 284 7755

Hearth & Home on London Rd made our slate hearth, lined the chimney, boarded out the prepared opening and fitted the stove in one day for £1000 inc VAT.

give the building centre of excellence a ring free phone 08089098558 they find you the best tradespeople for the job: