The York, Broomhill, now open....Under New Management...

Good Luck. Will bring some old regulars in for a drink . Also remember it from 20 odd years ago. Especially remember using the side entrance on Glossop Road to get out when I was under age. What would the youth of today do ?

Oh why don't they leave classic pubs alone!!!!!! No one has ever tampered with the Broomhill Tavern EVER!!!!

Yes they have. There used to be a door into the room on the left and a piano behind the pillar on the right. Plus the bar used to be on the right when you went in.

Good Luck. Will bring some old regulars in for a drink . Also remember it from 20 odd years ago. Especially remember using the side entrance on Glossop Road to get out when I was under age. What would the youth of today do ?

I would love to restore that side door and staircase but the budget wont stretch that far at the moment....maybe next year.....

Yes they have. There used to be a door into the room on the left and a piano behind the pillar on the right. Plus the bar used to be on the right when you went in.

Wow, I don't remember that......are we talking pre 80's here?

The York has now closed down as a Scream Pub and is in the process of being stripped out, our contractors are hard at work. This X Scream and former O'Neills Pub will be re-invented, and will be going back more to its roots as a good community local (which it was before 1997) Pub serving home cooked food and up to 10 Cask Ales. Don't expect another Broomhill tavern, Nottingham House or a Fox and Duck, but something a little different to compliment them.......

What you CAN expect at the York is a pleasant and clean environment, fantastic quality ales and drinks, superb food, and many of our Dove and Rainbow team bar staff who are as friendly and efficient as you could ever wish for....

I plan to post up some daily pix of the gradual transformation of the York, so if you are vaguely curious, check out from tomorrow this page..just a few pix daily without giving everything away we are doing.....

http://the-york.com/refurb08.html

Due to additional essential building works which have to be completed, the York will be re-opening on November 7th.

Too bad, but obviously it's more important to get it right than to get it early. Good luck with the rest of the work.

Ade

Too bad, but obviously it's more important to get it right than to get it early. Good luck with the rest of the work.

Ade

Now opening Friday 7th November....this X Scream pub is a bigger mess than I initially allowed for so we are now gutting the entire bar and extra stuff to get it just right...whole bar and bar floor is rotten and needs to be totally trashed.....if we open 31st Oct,since the contractors also have now extended their essential works, the public on Halloween would be under 'Building Site rules' which actually means everyone having to wear:

high visibility jackets, hard hats and steel toe boots, and not consume any alcohol....might be a slight problem:hihi:

*goes to check if hardhat is still in date* :P

*goes to check if hardhat is still in date* :P

hee hee.....

on the york site there will be pix and videos of the refurb, just put one up taken earlier, shows Dawn and Kevin attempting to repair the Mosaic floor in one of the front rooms.....we uncovered it yesterday....

http://www.the-york.com/refurb08.html

Impressed with the floor. :)

Why on earth it was covered over defies belief.