Sign in to follow this  

Crime victims - choosing the punishment of the accused.

Perhaps they could flick through an Argos Catalogue of vendetta?

Moreover, should the punishment be more psychological than physical. Public floggings and jail terms may fulfil the public sense of 'justice' or 'revenge' but it is unlikely to serve any practical purpose and is soon forgotten about. Perhaps instead one should consider an alternate approach which serves as a stark reminder of the perpetrators crimes; a semi-permanent tattoo on the forehead saying "I mug pensioners" or community service in a t-shirt saying "I attack gay people because I am a repressed homosexual"

Public shame and being ridiculed by your peers is invariably a better response than spending six months in a prison mingling with the other dregs of society.

What do you think? Can anyone think of any other innovative punishments which victims could weigh up?

Pillory, tbh.

No need to reinvent the wheel :thumbsup:

Quite a simple one, which I have promulgated for many years, is that Creditors of companies that have gone into liquidation, should be entitled to stone the directors of the company to the extent of one stone for each £1 that they are out of pocket.

I hope that this helps. :thumbsup: