First football match in Sheffield I've been to..

Ive managed to get through life up to now without ever going to a football match.

Normaly I can't stand football but my lad has been giving some tickets for a game tomorrow and wants me to take him.

Now most Dads get a special day when they get to take their boy to his first game but with us its the other way round, This is my boy's proud day as he's taking his Dad to his first match.

He got some complimentary tickets before and he asked his Grandad as he is a Wednesday fan, but this time Grandad is on his hols so its Dads turn.

Come on chaps......help...what do I do.

I've only ever seen football games on the telly.

Do people still take rattles and smoke woodbines in the ground.

No only kidding I'm not that bad but any advice about where to go and what to do/not to do to make our day out a good one would be fantastic.

Serious advice mind....... none of that " go to Bramall lane insted" type stuff!!

Thanks every body

ttfn

Sorry if you want to see excitement then the lane is the place to be;)

Seriously the owls fans are a decent bunch they are very patient and friendly as long as you agree with them.

No they dont take rattles anymore ,what they do is moan a lot,but you will get used to it after a while.

I recomend the south stand its where the civil lot go,stay away from the kop and the north as they are full of thugs

Oh and have a nice day.:hihi:

The tickets we've got are for the South stand I think.

On the picture on the back it pointed towards the Parkside road end of the ground and somewhere near the crossroads at Leppings lane.

As it's SWFC you're going to, leave your 'expectations' at home and take a good book.:thumbsup:

Seriously though, let the lad lead the way...he's in charge. Become a kid for the day, forget the bad language you hear, and spoil him rotten after the match food-wise.

Turn up at the turnstile, go in and find your seats, sit down and enjoy the match. At half time go and get a bite and a drink - follow the crowd - shout abuse at the ref throughout the second half. Win or lose enjoy it. Hang around at full time and let the crowds out - discuss match with lad while waiting - then get him away from the ground to an eatery.;)

PS

Don't forget his programme (sold outside the ground).

tomorrow is an early kick off - 1pm don't be late. South Stand is ok - you can access the ground via either penistone road or leppings lane entrances - its the stand next to the river.

Torquay aren't very good travellers so expect a few goals!

if you goto te **** hole in S6, make sure u take some sun glasses, you'll need these whilst watching the ball in the air for almost 89 minutes

LMAO TORQUAY

If you'd have gone to Bramall Lane you'd have got a free chip butty.

And heres me thinking the only chips they had there were on their shoulders.

So how did it go hj? According to my son who went, it was a great match.

We had a great time.

We parked up at the Nunnery Square park and ride and got the tram in to Hillsborough and walked down to the ground.

As we went in, one of the police horse's deceided to use my sleave as a hankie which the boy thought was funny.

We got a program and a couple of hotdogs and went to our seats. I thought we'd have trouble finding them but we got straight there.

The players came out and the boy leans over to me and in a sagely voice say's " They'll change ends at half time Dad. If any one sing's just hum along and if they score, boo, if we score jump up and and shout like the others......got it?"

The first half seemed to be all Torquay and when they scored it was horrible but after the break, (we were forced *ahem* to have a pastie and some chips) Wednesday seamed to pull it back a bit......listen to me talking as if I know what Im on about.

It ended 2:2 which was a shame as we would have loved to see Wednesday win.

We came out and joined the mayhem trying to get on a tram and got back to Nunnery about an hour later, and twenty minutes later we were in the house telling all of our great day out.

Me and the boy at Hillsborough

Thank you all for your advice..........you never know I might have to take him there again !!!!

awwww! you two seem to have had a great time ... I went all misty eyed reading that ...

I bet he'll remember that day all his life - the day he took his dad to watch his team ... brill stuff :)

I was a bit like that...you know lump in the throat.

I sure it was the pastie though

Glad you enjoyed the day out,I thought you summed up the game perfectly first half torquay,second half the owls.

I thought 2-2 was a fair result.