I there any good places in sheffield to buy alternate music

Looking for good places to pick up Scandinavian metal & Gothic Rock Stuff like Sonata Arctica, Birthday massacre Ashbury heights and so on Any recommendations

i know there is a music shop in broomhill that sells alternative music or you could always try jacks records

Thank you for that will pop in at the weekend

look in the metal section in zavvi in town, i know it sounds daft but they just shove any genre of music in there.

i was in just yesterday and bands like you me at six and paramore were in the metal section.. i disagree that they are 'metal' bands.

try ther

or... play.com have loads of music on ther :)

good luck

x

Looking for good places to pick up Scandinavian metal & Gothic Rock Stuff like Sonata Arctica, Birthday massacre Ashbury heights and so on Any recommendations

Is it Vinyl your wanting?

Oddly, the bookshop in Bakewell has an ace music section. Not a single sight of a standard crappy chart CD, but heaps of alt stuff, plus vinyl. :thumbsup:

I managed to get some Tyr and Finntroll CDs in Zavvi so it's worth a try if you want Viking Metal! But you have to tolerate that naff 'genre' thing and search through 15 different sections for things :(

thanks guys, CDs im after then ca rip em to my ipod :)

If your not bothered about actually having the CD, download torrents. Or if your tring to disscover alternative music to your taste go onto http://www.last.fm download the software (you can use it online without downloading but its nice to have the software and you can use it for free), try it out you will find stuff that you like and it generates your own 'radio station' of tunes it thinks you will like form its 'scrobbing technology' all sounds very techy but its pretty simple. Just check out the site anyway, its simple to use.

They'll probably have them in HMV or Zavvi. Sonata and Massacre aren't exactly 'obscure' bands nowadays.

Failing that, order online. Cheaper, more convenient.

I like collecting the CDs, not really into the torrent scene

Yeah, online's the way to go for stuff you can't find in Record Collector. We used to have Noise Annoys but that's long gone.