Neighbours in Totley find out they had a neighbour only after she died

Are we really to believe that her sons could not

get this poor lady washed and changed in 3 YEARS.

I know that my family would have found some way to

get her washed for gods sake

I can see it might be difficult for 2 young men to cope with. I wonder were there no female relatives to turn to. For the lady herself it is hard to understand how someone could prefer to sit in such appalling conditions rather than accept help. Did no doctor ever visit? There are many questions we don`t have answers for, it is all just so sad that the lady had to die like that.

my friend lives right across the road from her the only people that was seen going to that house was two young men (late teens)my friends son and mine often saw them coming and going and also thought they lived there .my heart goes out to to family but also if they were the only contact she had why had she been left in such a state if they knew the care people were no longer there for her.i am sure if it was your parent you wouldnt leave them even if you wanted them to keep their dignity it dosnt quite add up.they knew she couldnt bath and toilet herself ,so they fed and watered her and left her to it.i hope they sleep well at night as i hope and pray if i ever get in that unfortunate way that there is someone there for me god bless her .

I feel the Sheffield Star reporting extremely poor.

I hope the Star do full justice to the inquest instead of seeking to sensationalise a very stressful situation for the remaining family.

Throughout the story it suggests she had people around her but then was left alone.....something not right about this for me.

Having been involved in these complex cases in the past I believe this lady and/or her immediate family have simply refused to co operate with the care services but now are screaming finding someone to pin blame on.

It is interesting that the son's feel they could not change/dress/wash Angela but feel let down that others could not do the same job.

There is no doubt that Angela and her family were offered the support, why they refused it or the circumstances surrounding this tragic situation will be fully explained in time, this will eventually come to light.

You can't possibly blame the neighbours for this. If, as reports state, this lady stayed in the same clothes for three years and was found soaked in her own faeces and urine, my question is where was the family? Why is it in cases like these the family always blame someone else? The family should out of love, duty, whatever they would like to call it, made sure their mother was well cared for knowing the circumstances she lived in. If they did not live near enough to help, then they should have fought and fought to get the correct level of care for their mother. There are no excuses in my book for this.

If they did not live near enough to help, then they should have fought and fought to get the correct level of care for their mother. There are no excuses in my book for this.

The problem is still that if this lady did not want to be cared for then there is very little anyone can do about it. Patients rights and all that.

It's a pity the Star didn't run a front page on this when Angela was alive, to help get appropriate care for her sorted.

Being a carer myself I know first hand how difficult it is to get social services to do anything.

There first aim is to do little as possible so every little stage is a battle. Being a carer is very tiring they depend on this to wear you down. You get worn out trying to push things through and you just feel like leaving things but you can't.

I've got to ring carers up this Monday as the care package has been altered without warning or any reason and is now wrong. Luckily one of the nurses who visits saw me and told me and they're ignoring the instructions. However I should be caring not chasing the services.

If you look at the age of the boys they're very young and I suspect they were worn down by the constant battle of trying to getting something done. Three years ago this all started wasn't it. So 15 and 18 at the time.

Easy to fob off I'm afraid.

Oh.. so I am supposed to be ashamed for having moved into my new home and not whooshing around the neighbourhood and introducing myself to everyone within a half mile radius like some kind of nutter....I think not. I am a very caring person and i have spent many an hour grieving for the poor lady who died alone and suffering (presumably). I am a children's nurse at the local children's hospital...I'd like to know what you do to help others? Or are you ...to quote yourself, just one of those people that like to post crap and offend people "keeping up to date with the gossip" as you say. You horror!! And yes the quote in the newspaper was edited.. at the time I had no idea what had gone on at the house over the road and was simply concerned and caught off guard by the newspaper reporter. What have I done wrong?

I dont know why everybody is arguing about who should have cared for her, if she was given care in the first place (as she was) then clearly she needed caring for.... Dont go blaming the kids at the ages they were at the time they were after all still kids and no doubt very confused as to what was going on, she was their mother and if she said she didnt want changing ect then they were probably doing as their mother had told them, as for the neighbours, i cant believe they are even being blamed at all, its crazey..... social services are to blame for stopping her care and acting as though she has simply disapeared... Hopefully the neighbours are carrying on living their lives and looking out for their families as they should be, and social services are doing their job!!

Social services doing they're job??? LOL You made me laugh there, they only step in when it's too late! I keep an eye on my elderly neighbour, without him particularly knowing, always make sure I acknowledge him and with the words "are you okay?" If he needs anything I'm here! Some folk are too proud though, as I suspect is what happened in this case.

We all need help at some stage in our lives and are very grateful too, when someone just takes the time out to make sure we're okay.