Diving instructor wanted

So I've decided I should learn to dive but haven't a clue where to start. A friend suggested I should have a trial lesson before forking out on a padi course and so I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that offers such a thing?

Also can anyone offer any advice on a course for beginners? And what I should expect to pay? Eventually I would like to complete an advanced open water course.

I don't really want to commit to anything long-term until I've had a taster. Surely there's someone who can help??

Hiya,

Diveworld are based in Hillsborough and they do try dives at Graves Swimming Pool at Norton College every month. My boyfriend did a try dive with them (it's £15 and you're in the pool for hours if you want to be) and then did his Open Water Referral Course with them, and I did a refresher day with them as well.

The lady in charge is called Lou, and you can ring her at their shop on 0114 233 2995, or email [email protected]. Tell her that Anna and Ken recommended them to you! We think they're ace, and were brilliant with my boyfriend, who didn't even think he could swim before, and now he's a qualified (and very safe) diver.

Hope that helps! PM if you have any questions or anything.

I don't really want to commit to anything long-term until I've had a taster. Surely there's someone who can help??

Hi there, not sure if you have anything sorted yet but ALL BSAC (British Sub-Aqua Club) clubs can/will offer you a trydive. My club (Wombwell Barnsley) can certainly offer you this. although this I suspect maybe a little too far for you - not sure where you are based.

BSAC, as oppose to PADI, offer training over time and not necessarily over a weekend - the advantages being that a local BSAC club do not want to take several hundred pounds off you for a long weekend's diving. BSAC offer a 'club environment' and fellow club members to dive regularly with.

I have been a member of a local BSAC club for 8 months and for the cost of purely being an annual member (monthly fee), I have qualified as Ocean Diver, First Aid Diver and am currently studing Sport Diver, Search and Rescue and intend to do a Boat Handling course in the new year. I dive with my club at least every 2 weeks.

Here is a link to the BSAC website and local branches; -

http://www.bsac.com/page.asp?section=2174

Any other advice, feel free to PM me.

So I've decided I should learn to dive but haven't a clue where to start. A friend suggested I should have a trial lesson before forking out on a padi course and so I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that offers such a thing?

Also can anyone offer any advice on a course for beginners? And what I should expect to pay? Eventually I would like to complete an advanced open water course.

As a rule of thumb, the more expensive the car, the more expensive the lessons.

£28 for a lesson in a mini cooper

£20 for a lesson in a Nissan micra

£10 for a lesson in a pedal car, where the driving inst is pushing.

£5 for a lesson in a Daewoo

I do driving lessons in a mini cooper, and there have only been 6 casualtys since August, so my records good (I worked with 19 since August)

Send a PM if you want lessons, and state what type of car you wish to have lessons in