OFFICIAL Owls vs Blades - Derby day banter thread

i'm not betting them to win cos i'm a winner.

i want you to back them.

what bet you had on leeds then.

I had 3-2 to Rotherham its down like a dog :mad:

Gosh if any1s used to posts coming back to em on hear i wouldnt give betting tips every week, i think im 1 of very few who actually shows my face on here wednesday or united wise never mind what result either of us get.:thumbsup:

I'm with you pal.

When we got battered at Reading, I was here.

Wasn't here for the Plymouth match, as I was visiting friends in Leicester getting drunk in the afternoon.

After the Derby match, I'll either be out celebrating or drowning my sorrows.

We'll see. Game on :thumbsup:

This thread is now a sticky.

Please try and keep all banter related to the Steel City Derby in here.

Cheers :thumbsup:

The way i see it, we could either rip apart Wendy and absolutley slaughter them. Or we could lose, or we could draw. :D

I cant be wrong.

The way i see it, we could either rip apart Wendy and absolutley slaughter them. Or we could lose, or we could draw. :D

So you could win....lose....or draw?

Interesting thought there steve..... Are you a football pundit? Or related to John Motson? ;)

So you could win....lose....or draw?

Interesting thought there steve..... Are you a football pundit? Or related to John Motson? ;)

The second one.

Just thought I'd share this with you all, I just read it on OwlsTalk and it is something I think that everyone here should read before the Derby match.

I was going to post something similar last year, but didn't do it , because at 49 years of age i wasn't quite mature enough...the year the Blades fans stood in total silence in memory of the Owls fans tragically killed in the return journey from Coventry...that same year a Blades fan sadly died of cancer on the ward i work on,

Andy Sage, an ardent Blade , a man of humour and an inate love of football, an inate ridiculer of anything to do with the Blue and White, and a bloke i came to class as close to a friend as a Wednesday fan might have towards a follower of the dark side, We had arranged to meet in a pub before the next Sheffield derby , tragically Andy lost his life before we could..and we won the ******...i never got the chance to stuff it up him and his family..This bloke once went down for an operation at 11pm at night and returned to the ward opiated and insensible, me and another Wednesday fan took the opportunity to dress him up in Wednesdays 1991 away kit, put upon him an Owls Duvet and wrote "every day is Wednesday" upon his forehead with a felt tip.....he went half a day until he noticed ...and still took it all in good spirits, tghats the day i stopped hating the Blades..I went to his funeral and didn't know whether to laugh or cry as his coffin rolled out to the tune of "Going Underground " by the Jam..

I'm sure he'll be looking down come a week Sunday...and i hope to **** he's disappointed

So thats why i don't hate the Blades...I don't ******'like 'em...but i don't hate them..

R.I.P andy..a year on

You're right, Sodje is not God, but don't believe that we are nothing without him. He is very influential, yes, but we can be a very effective side without him as well.

We can also be a bit pants. :)

Our best 11, playing well, will do us proud. Playing poorly, I fear the worst.

If the lads are up for it, they'll do it.

If we allow Beattie and Sharp even one touch, that's one touch too much, and we could get punished. Howard is an unknown quantity at the moment, but from what I've been hearing, he could be quite useful, so he wants someone treading on his tooers ana'll. :hihi:

At the moment, Jeffers is also a novice at this level, but if he plays, and he's up for it, we could see a masterclass. He's got it in him (£10m to Arsenal) and one day, it's got to come out of him. :)

I don't think anybody wants to make a prediction on this one.... except Corker! :hihi:

Copied to here by igm:

I was going to post something similar last year, but didn't do it , because at 49 years of age i wasn't quite mature enough...the year the Blades fans stood in total silence in memory of the Owls fans tragically killed in the return journey from Coventry...that same year a Blades fan sadly died of cancer on the ward i work on,

Andy Sage, an ardent Blade , a man of humour and an inate love of football, an inate ridiculer of anything to do with the Blue and White, and a bloke i came to class as close to a friend as a Wednesday fan might have towards a follower of the dark side, We had arranged to meet in a pub before the next Sheffield derby , tragically Andy lost his life before we could..and we won the ******...i never got the chance to stuff it up him and his family..This bloke once went down for an operation at 11pm at night and returned to the ward opiated and insensible, me and another Wednesday fan took the opportunity to dress him up in Wednesdays 1991 away kit, put upon him an Owls Duvet and wrote "every day is Wednesday" upon his forehead with a felt tip.....he went half a day until he noticed ...and still took it all in good spirits, tghats the day i stopped hating the Blades..I went to his funeral and didn't know whether to laugh or cry as his coffin rolled out to the tune of "Going Underground " by the Jam..

I'm sure he'll be looking down come a week Sunday...and i hope to **** he's disappointed

So thats why i don't hate the Blades...I don't ******'like 'em...but i don't hate them..

R.I.P andy..a year on

Well posted kid :thumbsup:

Very humbling. Shame some supporters couldn't feel like these geezers in a million years.

It puts things in perspective dunnit? :(

^ wasn't actually my post mate, it's from a poster on OwlsTalk.

I'm a bit younger than 49/50 ;)

good of you to put that post on here igm, if only all fans could get along and not hate each other.

anyway, i'm dubious(as always) whether we will win. i thinkin a drow or a utd win:(, i do hope jeffers starts, he has shown some good touches when i've seen him and if he did get injured we always got sodje or tudgay to score. if jj and esajas play to their full ability it will be an interesting game. i'm sure bt will bag at least 1 goal(hope i'm wrong on that 1), he is really the only utd player i fear.