William Francis Plommer

i am certain that william francis plommer is my great-grandfather

he was murdered for helping someone.

whilst my grand father was out on the day of his murder..

my father tells me the story even tho it is a book now

my grandmother tell me the story also

be nice if anyone has anything to tell me about william if they knew him or whatever!!

Hi Mary,

My Great Grandfather was William Francis Plommer. My Granda is Thomas (Tommy) Plommer his son. My Granda died in the 80's. His family had moved back up to Scotland (Glasgow) after the murder and my Granda grew up there and married my Granny (Mary King) and they had 4 sons... everyone moved to Canada in the late 60's early 70's. I'm not sure if this helps at all.

Take good care,

Frances Mary Plommer

hey frances,

my great uncle is called tommy and sadly he is pasted now and he has sons called tommy and alexander who are my fathers cousins.

I saw the play, it was very poor, kept banging on aboutg some boxing match, completely missed the point.

Why doesnt someone write a film script ? Sean Bean as George Mooney, Mark Hudson as Sam garvin, Dominic West as Sillitoe??????

about 30 years ago there was a play about the murder at the crucible .

I saw the play, it was very poor, kept banging on aboutg some boxing match, completely missed the point.

Why doesnt someone write a film script ? Sean Bean as George Mooney, Mark Hudson as Sam garvin, Dominic West as Sillitoe??????

Yes, believe it or not I went to see it with Jayne Elston who we mentioned in another thread about a pub.

My great uncle Amos Stuart was sentenced to ten years in that trial for manslaughter. Another man got seven years.

I have considerable information about the 'Plommers' after the y move to Glasgow.

I have info. about the 'Plommer' family after they moved to Glasgow

As a boy I lived next door to the Plommer family when the moved to Glasgow. Anyone interested?

My father's family lived on Princess Street and the story my father was told about the Fowler Brothers was that one of them was actually in a pub at the time of the murder and was hanged for no reason. My father got this information from the Landlady of the pub at the time and she was scared to say anything. Not sure which pub it was and unfortunately my father passed away 7 years ago so I can't ask him.

in the nineties there was a tommy plommer came over from canada to play ice hockey for the steelers,any relation ?

The Plommers moved to Whiteinch in Glasgow as they feared for their lives. The family lived next door to my grandparents in a row of tenements buildings referred to as the gangway. Mrs Plommer her two sons Alex and Tommy and her two daughters Joan and +++. I was born in 1940 and my mum and dad and me lived with my granddad. My grannie was long since dead - I never knew her - she died because there was no money for medicine. As I grew up I was always welcomed by Mrs Plommer and I enjoyed the many stories from her unending experiences. Mrs Plommer often came in for a bowl of sugar and remained to enjoy a cup of tea. As both my grannies were dead, none of whom I knew, Mrs Plommer was the closest I had to a grannie. Her daughters were pleasant and always spoke to me. Unfortunately her two sons were a real pair of vagabonds and were continually in trouble often with the police. There were many fights in the house accompanied by the women screaming. As a young boy I was terrified when the fights raged and I was happy when they moved out. Sorry if I have upset any descendants, but I can only tell the truth. On one occasion as my dad helped one of them up the stairs, who was drunk and had been in a fight, he slipped his hand inside my dad's pocket to see if he had a wallet. He left blood inside my dad's jacket. Take care when doing a good turn.

I played with Billy Speirs and I think his name was Tommy Plommer. And a number of years ago I met Mr and Mrs Speirs in a council old peoples home. I think that will do for now. Enjoy- I hope. My surname is Hopson. My dad came from Scotstoun building and my mother was a Dougherty

i have just found out that i am related to the fowlers, but due to stubborn relations, concealing the history surrounding this branch of my family, i have hit a dead end, i have the book etc, so any other family willing to divulge the missing info, it would be muchly appreciated. cheers all & have a happy new year
i am also related to the fowlers but have hit the brick wall all so secretive but i join via the stanfields and the goddards i know there is alink but have never found it yours j

I am a related to a Sheffield gang member and have been told the reason plommer was killed was that an invalid guy who played the piano in several pubs had been robbed and left for dead and they held plommer responsible