REX Motor Services, Mowbray Street

Hi all

I need an MOT on a car I've just acquired. There is a garage really close to where I work (Rex). Has anyone used them? Have you found them to be honest and good value. I'm not looking for slander - just hoping for some recommendations from people who have used them.

Many thanks

Also, the MOT is about a week overdue ... how long have I got to get it done? And what is the fine or other penalty? Many thanks in advance. BM

Rex do the service on all our cars at work.

Graham is the owner, and Keith who works for him is top class.

I definately recommend them.

My car needs an MOT in a couple of weeks. I just book it in with Graham and he takes it for an MOT, does the necessary work (if needed) returns it for re-test and the job is sorted.

If you are "overdue" you are illegal, and that means your insurance is invalid too. Get it sorted quick!

If you are "overdue" you are illegal, and that means your insurance is invalid too. Get it sorted quick!

why is it illegal & the insurance invalid ..... bit presumtious arn't we .... where does OP say the vehicle is on a public highway ?

also isnt there some sort of ruling or whatever that you can take an untested (possibly untaxed too) vehicle to & from a pre booked MOT & only to & from it ,(ie not doing the shopping on the way home)

as it has to have an MOT to tax it

as for any fines , you can keep it as long as you like without an MOT so long as it isnt used on a public highway without any risk of being fined

I used to use them when I worked in Sheffield. Always found Graham and Keith to be excellent.

Hi

I've just taken mine in to them for MOT. Dropped it off this morning, it's all done and dusted now and I think very reasonable price. I have no feeling that they are untrustworthy ... and they are very nice men to boot!

I took the car in a couple of weeks ago to get my drivers window fixed and they mended my sunglasses too!

Sam

And, I just went to get something out of my car and they gave me a fruit cake!

Service indeed!