The new Doctor Who

I wasn't very impressed with the finale. It was pretty obvious (in fact they may as well have used a sledge hammer), there was going to be a Tesselector (sp), involved. Nothing came of the whole transceiver part with millions of people wanting to help the Dr. I also failed to figure out what would be so dangerous about answering who the Dr was. Is it going to be like something out of Candyman if his real name is mentioned?

I had sussed that the Teselecta were going to be involved in the finale-storyline, and in what capacity, a couple of weeks ago. It did not come as a surprise to me.

Saying that, it had puzzled me, in the "melody pond/ teselecta" episode, how the white daughter of Amy and Rory could then have morphed into a mixed race teen, and then leapt from being a teen into a 40-something Alex Kingston. I was being a bit blonde, I'm afraid..."Duh! - Regenerations!"

(*slaps very, very blonde self on forehead*!!)

And so Peter Capaldi makes his doctoring debut.

What did everyone think?

A bit of a meh from me. Garbled dialogue again and a silly plot but I like Capaldi and it will make a change not to have a juvenile romance plot.

I like the new Doctor. After giving up on the last series,

I will be watching this one.

And so Peter Capaldi makes his doctoring debut.

What did everyone think?

Quite enjoyed it. Think there is potential there.

Though I enjoyed the other actors I think it will make for an interesting change to have an older man in the role. Change the dynamic a bit.

Hopefully make it less about the flirty nature that I think has slightly knocked the edge of some of the other stuff with me.

Unless of course they give him a more similar aged companion and we end up with middle age flirting!

Unless of course they give him a more similar aged companion and we end up with middle age flirting!

Donna returns?

I thought he was alright, recycling the plot from that Girl in the Fireplace episode wasn't. You want something a bit more original, especially for the first episode of the series.

Donna returns?

Alex Kingston is closer to Capaldi's age - so expect even more flirting with River Song.

Got to say im a Dr Who fan but im not liking the new one so far.

Seemed like the justifications for clara that he was the Dr in the episode were more aimed at the audience to accept him, theyve never had to do that before.

Also sometimes i was going to put the subtitles on because i was struggling to understand what was being said, ive worked all over the country too so im no stranger to accents.

Ill give it some time but so far im not convinced.

I think the previous poster was right about a more mature companion though to make the dynamic work between them, i hope its not Donna though.

Didnt really like her scatty character.

Is it me, or does Peter Capaldi sound like Duncan Bannatyne :hihi:

Peter stipulated he wanted no romantic connections .. So we will see re. River Song.

I've been a Doctor Who fan ever since the very first episode began with William Hartnell and have seen every episode and every new doctor who has played the part.

For me, the best doctor was David Tennant....its a shame he couldn't have remained longer if not indefinitely.

Although I will be watching the new doctor, I'm not impressed with what I've seen of him so far......only time ( excuse the pun ) will tell.