The new Doctor Who

That was pants. Daleks being held at bay by a jammy dodger discussing things with the Dr rather than just obliterating him and the Earth.

It's all rather gone down the toilet, hasn't it?

I was expecting Moffat to be the messiah of DW, but instead, he's reduced it to implausible stories and below par writing.

The last Dalek episode was not written by Moffat, it was written by Mark Gatiss - but I agree it wasn't very good.

Why do the Daleks never just 'exterminate' the Doctor. God knows they have had enough chances. It's almost as bad as James Bond.

Why do the Daleks never just 'exterminate' the Doctor.

For the same reason that the Doctor never successfully eliminates the Daleks; the public want them to keep coming back.

You can have constantly returning enemies, or you can have consistency, but not both.

And I thought it was fab!

You bunch of miseries. :D

Loved watching the Doctor beating up the Dalek, then twatting Bracewell in the schnozz. Great stand off towards the end too with the Jammy Dodger! We all loved it here.

Weakest episode of the series so far without a doubt.

I liked it too, the new range of Daleks look great. Was good hearing their names on Dr Who Confidential - the drone, scientist etc. Eternal Dalek sounds mysterious :P Watching the new Dalek operators learning how to drive the new bigger Daleks was funny :)

I loved it when someone in the war room said Broadsword calling Danny Boy - just like in Where Eagles Dare :)

I was expecting Moffat to be the messiah of DW, but instead, he's reduced it to implausible stories and below par writing.

What do you mean "reduced"? Besides I wouldn't get too depressed just yet at one good episode, one ok and one rubbish his records better than Davies.

So where has DW ever had a plausible story? That's the point of Science FICTION.

Imagine if you were a nipper who has followed this new Doctor Who since 2005. How cool would the new Dalek designs seem to you??

--They somehow look a bit like they've been designed by Apple-- and yet they also seem like 60's sci-fi (yet again)! A very, very cool development indeed.

Also I think "would you care for some teeea?" should be as famous a Dalek line as "Exterminate!!"

The Daleks are the Nazis. Without a doubt that is what inspired Terry Nation's original concept of a twisted, sick master race who want to exterminate that which is different to them.

They are even designed to look like a cross between World War 2 tanks and an electricity pylon. Functional. Brutal.

So as they were spawned from the collective memory of the second world war, it seems so natural to see them in a story in that time!

My feeling about this story is that it's just a big prologue - bringing the Daleks into line with Moffat's more 'fairytale' styling. Nothing wrong with that!

Looking forward to seeing where the Daleks go next.

(And by the way -- the new theme tune is Awesome!!!)

--OK-- shoot me now!

Totally agree Deavon. I think it's all pretty brilliant so far, and so does my youngest. :) Even Mrs Hazuki is impressed with the show of late, and that really is saying something.

I've said elsewhere that it's no mean feat in recent years to suddenly find the Daleks a threatening proposition again in Doctor Who. I felt under RTD, though I enjoyed the stories, they were a little bit ineffectual. However, there was something rather powerful about their appearance in VotD, and I think you're right; it's a set up for more to come. The fact that I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they do next says a lot.

Can do no wrong for me so far this new series. :)

So where has DW ever had a plausible story? That's the point of Science FICTION.

Good science fiction is always plausible. Not usually feasible, but that's a completely different adjective.