The new Doctor Who

Another dismally poor episode and I still can't stick James Corden.

Brilliant episode. Playful and scary.

Now we know, the Doctor doesn't have to save himself. It's River who needs to be saved: an innocent trapped by her "owners" into a sequence of events that only our Doctor can prevent...

I think there are still an awful lot of questions unanswered, and with just a 45 minute episode left it will either be really rushed or some of them will remain unanswered. Still really looking forward to next week though, it looks intriguing...

i bet its that clone of the doctor that gets killed, remember the living flesh episode?

i bet its that clone of the doctor that gets killed, remember the living flesh episode?

That's a good point...

I suspect there are two Doctors - possibly a clone, possibly another reason - he seems to be alternating between wearing a short coat and a long coat, also he ate an apple in the hotel episode where previously he has spat them out in disgust. He definitely looked a lot older in the last episode, had they done something in makeup to give him sunken eyes?

Another dismally poor episode and I still can't stick James Corden.

yup and Matt is just phoning in the performances

I really enjoyed this, and it actually wasn't predictable! I did wonder what the "Lets Kill Hitler" episode had to do with anything, now it all makes sense.

No disrespect to Matt Smith but what is going on with DR Who it just doesn't seem right to me. Much prefer David Tennant as the Doctor and Chris Eccleston. That is when it was a joy to watch not so much now sad

I wasn't very impressed with the finale. It was pretty obvious (in fact they may as well have used a sledge hammer), there was going to be a Tesselector (sp), involved. Nothing came of the whole transceiver part with millions of people wanting to help the Dr. I also failed to figure out what would be so dangerous about answering who the Dr was. Is it going to be like something out of Candyman if his real name is mentioned?

I'm actually liking Matt Smith's Doctor.. just some of the stories have been a bit naff. The finale was a bit of a cop-out imo, in that they tied up the overarching plot into such a convoluted mess with paradoxes it'd be almost impossible to explain it all away in a meaningful storyline that 99% of the viewers could possibly comprehend.. so something simple like a replica, be that Tesselector or a cloned Flesh has to be used as the Doctor who was killed on the side of the lake.

Still it didn't adequately explain away the fact that his death was a fixed point in time, and avoiding it when River re-wrote it caused time to unravel, why it didn't happen when the Doctor re-wrote it by going in the Tesselector.. because the Doctor still didn't actually die in that fixed time point so surely time should have still unravelled? Albeit maybe a different paradox to the one we witnessed? (perhaps that's a future story device)?

Still not entirely convinced.. that 'The' question was the name thing.. as in Doctor who? Think that might be a bit of a red herring.. even at the fall of the 'eleventh' they're not going to publically announce his name, cause that'd kinda screw up the concept fot the 12th Doctor..

The disappearing into the backgound, being more 'quiet' kinda fit's in with the Beeb's plans next year of not producing a full series.. but rather a couple of 'specials'.

Edited by Swampster