The new Doctor Who

The storylines this series really haven't engaged me at all. Doppelgangers who look a bit like the changeling from Deep Space Nine, that daft pirate story and the duff Gaiman one.

Nothing like the Christopher Ecclestone one set during the blitz which was genuinely scary or the first one with the Weeping Angels.

"Dont blink!"

And Rory is just naff full stop!

one thousand percent agree. Hate him hope he gets killed off in the mid seasons cliff hanger!!:help:

Edited by esme
quote tags

Personally I'm loving this new series. Last year was a great launch for the Moffat and Smith era of Who, and this year has built well on that, whilst adding some chilling moments.

I enjoyed the Gaiman epsiode, seeing themes that he uses often in his books - and the Tardis given form was a nice touch. My only gripe of it was that it felt too rushed through, and would have played better over two episodes. Someone moaned that in the episode Amy saw Rory die again. She was experiencing her worst fears, and I don't know about y'all but one of my worst fears would be to see the one I love die and feel helpless - especially as they were (in her mind) being separated.

This week's start of the multi-parter, with the dopplegangers, has been criticised above for 'ripping off BSG' - yeah, because concepts such as transference of mind into artificial forms, and the debate of what constitutes life, had never been done before Galactica had they? Well, except on classic Star Trek, TNG, Stargate, and a plethora of sci-fi novels and films.

Whilst episodes are not the most original of stories, they are written to be family entertainment, which the young will latch onto (just like they were in my childhood days when Tom Baker made jelly-babies cool). Seeing how my son and daughter are transfixed every saturday, glued to the TV, then I guess the target audience get it. I enjoy it because it is fun, entertaining, and back to being character and story led (rather than explosion and deaths led which the RTD era was).

My new theory:

Rory is an almost person. A rebel flesh. An auton...

Yes he did really die when the Silurian shot him last series.

Why did he think about that hill where he and Amy waved as he died?????

Answers soon I hope...

The storylines this series really haven't engaged me at all. Doppelgangers who look a bit like the changeling from Deep Space Nine, that daft pirate story and the duff Gaiman one.

Nothing like the Christopher Ecclestone one set during the blitz which was genuinely scary or the first one with the Weeping Angels.

"Dont blink!"

Have to agree. I think this series has been particularly poor. And just don't get the "hey, look I'm quirky" Matt Smith.

Come back Tennant.

Oh my god, that was amazing! Amy was a ... Spoilers!

Just watched the teaser for next week......I can't wait! All coming together nicely :)

yes I was shocked, too!!!! very touching story, and really (IMO) made you think about what it actually means to be human, and the nonsense about "you are different than me" garbage when we are all humans, and all experience the same pains, pleasures, and emotions.

I missed it, what was amy?

A dalek!..........................

yes I was shocked, too!!!! very touching story, and really (IMO) made you think about what it actually means to be human.

I think this two parter is pivotal in more ways than one. It is a reboot story of sorts. It is about how normal people become monsters. It may have ended up a roaring cgi mess, but until then Jenny's story is a logical and well told tragedy of a nice well meaning person being contorted into a monster by events with a direct and truthful motivation throughout.

I see this in many ways as a Doctor Who monster origin tale.

Moffat has said you can't always stand him on a rooftop or stonehenge and have him shout "I am the Doctor!" come and have a go.

A lot of his enemies return next week, but are they against him or has he struck a deal?