The new Doctor Who

Guest Ant

So you know who the replacement is? Share it! I'm in the dark.

Guest Ant

Ta. Can't say I've heard of him. Dylan Moran, though - good call.

I think JoeP would make a superb Doctor Who. He would travel through time and space, spreading wisdom, healing intergalactic rifts and battling grotesque monsters [well, he did a good job on the now closed Politics forum]. He would be the first Doctor with a Nottinghamshire accent!

Nice idea Timo, who would you suggest as his assistant? I vote Kristian... I think he'd enjoy running round in fancy gear (check out his new "tennis-look" avatar), and wresting baddies!

Originally posted by feargal

Nice idea Timo, who would you suggest as his assistant? I vote Kristian... I think he'd enjoy running round in fancy gear (check out his new "tennis-look" avatar), and wresting baddies!

Wow! Me and JoeP against the world! :D What a fearsome combination!

Not sure I want to follow in Billie Piper's footsteps though. Not after last time! After my career in pop failed, it was hard coming out of the limelight. I did get 'papped' by the paparazzi again last week, so look out for me in next weeks Heat magazine wearing a shell suit, and eating a chip butty outside Castle Market! Blimmin' Britney Spears, she told me that it would be a good disguise. That's the last time I invite her and Kevin around for fondue and a game of Twister!

K x

I thought it was alright myself. Will be watching again and can't wait for the daleks! As for everyone on here slagging it off, just give it a chance, remember the first episode was just that, the first episode. They had to bring rose and the doctor together somehow and introduce the concepts and characters. Now that's out the way, they can concentrate on the plots and I expect it will get loads better.

Never been a big sci-fi fan myself, but I thought the new series was OK. I think having eye-candy Christopher Ecclestone in it helped, but David Tenant is equally dishy, so I might even watch it again!

Originally posted by JoeP

Of course we pick holes in the plot!

These guys are paid a large amount of money to write scripts - our money. For that we should be able to expect a script that is slightly superior to that expected by a 'fan fiction' writer.

Being knowing, self-referental and funny is no substitute for a story with some plot, rather than a series of scenes jammed together.

I disagree. I thought the script was excellent, and struck exactly the right note for a programme that has always been, in essence, escapist nonsense. Doctor Who has never been serious Science Fiction and never will be - I guess the point of the paranoid conspiracy theorist was a shot at those who take the series a little too literally.

I love a good plot as much as the next man, but on a Saturday night I don't want my brain working too hard.

I want evil monsters! And a cool TARDIS! And funny bits! And explosions! All four boxes ticked, then. :thumbsup:

How did Plastic invading monsters fire from metal guns inside the manequins? Where did these come from?

Maybe Jacko could use these monsters as his defence... :D

So how will they write Christopher Ecclestone out of the show when its already been filmed and if you go on the BBC Doctor Who website they are filming a Christmas 1 hour special.

Series one is finished and the Xmas Special is in production. (He said he will film the special and leave) I assume the special will be the doc changing to the new one.