Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember...?

Used to go to a MOD's only club on the junction of Broadfield Rd and London Rd. Entrance was on the corner but I can't remember it's name. fell in love with the most beautiful mod girl there, 'suadeheads' we used to call them then.

Used to go to the Daisy regularly in the late 70's early 80's.Allegedly the birth place of the Human League.Remember some nights the D.J. was a Look North presenter,can't remember his name, which was a bit wierd.When it went down hill moved on to the Limit.

I Worked on the Fiesta when it was built the first show was by invitation only (lord mayor chief of police etc)THE SHADOWS played one night for these people

Terry Clayton was a great hairdresser and played a part in my training in 1963/4 at Shaws Hairdressers on West Street.

He used to cut Keith Barrons hair when he was working at the Sheffield Playhouse Theatre which was just around the corner, he went on to better things!

Terry was already a fairly successful drummer around the Sheffield area but my fondest memory was when he actually succeeded in sending me across the road to the sweet shop to get the long stand!!!! I got it alright Oh Yes !! .

He He He he was a top man, I liked him a lot.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blimey never even thought about the hairdressing but do remember him doing the long stand thing a few times and its surprising how many ppl went for them too!

Crazy Daisy was later Legends. It was underground, the entrance was in the front of the telegraph and star building.

and in between those two it was the geisha bar - packed out for the first Sheffield screening of Michael Jackson's Thriller vid.

I was born in 1982 so I have not been to any descent clubs in Sheffield yet, I have had to put up with the likes of Berlins and Kingdom where it seems to be attracting alot of UNDERAGE girls there known to me as 'Jail Bait'
theres a new night at uniq bar,on thusrsday retro house,and dance really good night check it out

Used to go to the Daisy regularly in the late 70's early 80's.Allegedly the birth place of the Human League.Remember some nights the D.J. was a Look North presenter,can't remember his name, which was a bit wierd.When it went down hill moved on to the Limit.

The DJ bit "rings a bell". Wasn't he "Kelly's eye"? And I think he used to be a on a local radio station too. Anyway I'll stand being corrected as the old grey matter isn't what it used to be.:help:

As I say can't remember his name do remember that he used to wear sunglasses over his ordinary glasses when D.Jing. Think his name was Mike something.

re josephines i remember alan he always looked after me, mum and my sister wont mention names. does anyone remember lurch the big big tall man lovely he was but scarey. they laid a plaque out side when he died. bob the manager was also a great guy we got to know him quite well. the last i heard he was living on ecclesall rd. anyone know if he is ok?

Hi

Anyone remember Tiffany's and the Fiesta - I saw Tony Christie there:D

I loved the fiesta I used to get free tickets from my mums friend. I saw Rodger de Corsey and Nookey Bear one night. I also saw Marty Caine she was fantastic.

During the 70s a lot of the acts at the Aquarius doubleplayed at a club in Mexboro also Fiesta acts would double with the Fiesta in stocton and Sheffield,.No wonder a lot of turns were worn out by the end of the week. One club was unique in that going in to the club you went by a swimming pool.The OASIS in Kimberworth stunk of chlorine.I heard Lenny Peters ask "whats that stink"?Peters and Lee played there a few times.

re josephines i remember alan he always looked after me, mum and my sister wont mention names. does anyone remember lurch the big big tall man lovely he was but scarey. they laid a plaque out side when he died. bob the manager was also a great guy we got to know him quite well. the last i heard he was living on ecclesall rd. anyone know if he is ok?

I remember goin to josephines in the late nineties,dint they used to put on a curry buffet???