Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember...?

I remember going to the mojo when i was underage. Just remember it being black walls covered in psychedelia, absolutely packed and lots of really sweaty bodies!! Would go round to my mates who was 2yrs older than me, turn my skirt over at the waistband and she would put black stuff on my eyes and white stuff on my lips and off we would go.

The Mojo (Pitsmoor Road) wasn't really a 'Nightclub' as they didn't sell alcohol. They did have 'All-Niter's' some Saturdays and some "All day' Sundays', both still no alcohol. I still believe the latter two were the downfall of the place as nearby residents weren't even overjoyed about the earlier times.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Does anyone know the name of the nightclub that was at Owler Bar nr Sheffield ?

178 Patricia

Does anyone know the name of the nightclub that was at Owler Bar nr Sheffield ?

178 Patricia

Fanny's @ owler bar

Crazy Daisy was later Legends. It was underground, the entrance was in the front of the telegraph and star building.

Jimi Hendrix and Led Zep played there, I have been told.

I think Crazy Daizy opened in 1974 and as Jimi Hendrix died in 1970 I doubt that and as a 'Daizy' regular, don't recall LZ being there.

Yeah Alan's still around, I see him at the deaf club, from time to time. he was well, the last time I saw him

I was at school (I mentioned before) with his daughter, and my mother was friends with his mother.

PT

I knew Alan, he used to come in TC Harrison for car parts, no one else would serve him, no patience, he was a gentleman. I had my stag do at Tiffany in 1973. I saw Johnny Johnson and the Temptations at the Fiesta. I used to frequent the disco at Baileys.

I think Crazy Daizy opened in 1974 and as Jimi Hendrix died in 1970 I doubt that and as a 'Daizy' regular, don't recall LZ being there.

Stage never mind the place itself would've been too small

Was working the night that they had two go go dances at the top end of Silver Blades founed out that one married Jack Witham the ex Wednesday/Liverpool Player. Josie did not like being reminded of that.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 15:57 ----------

In reply to Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember ?

My friend and I used to go to the Heartbeat above Silver Blades Ice Rink every Saturday Night, and the DJ was called Chris Hey.

---------- Post added 30-01-2017 at 21:04 ----------

Does anyone remember the Nether Edge Hall Disco, which was held on a Tuesday night in the 60'S ??

178 Patricia[/quote

Was working at Silver Blades the afternoon we found out that Chris Hey had been killed in a car crash the night before at Grindleford.]

I was a taxi driver in the early seventies just after the Cavendish became baileys, probably took half of Sheffield residents home. had the first car on private hire with a phone in it.

Hello Everyone

I wrote a new blog about going to see I'm So Hollow at Atmosphere at Romeo's & Juliet's in February 1981. Link - http://www.mylifeinthemoshofghosts.com/2017/08/26/im-so-hollow-atmosphere-at-romeos-juliets-bank-street-sheffield-wednesday-11th-february-1981/

Enjoy!

Dodger

Hello Everyone

I wrote a new blog about going to see I'm So Hollow at Atmosphere at Romeo's & Juliet's in February 1981. Link - http://www.mylifeinthemoshofghosts.com/2017/08/26/im-so-hollow-atmosphere-at-romeos-juliets-bank-street-sheffield-wednesday-11th-february-1981/

Enjoy!

Dodger

Brilliant, as always Dodger, I loved that era in Sheffield.

Hi, just found this page whilst browsing the internet. I was in the first band to play at Tiffany's nightclub when it opened in 1968 and we were resident there for three years. The New Society [4 lads and 2 girls]. I loved Sheffield and made many friends whilst I was there. As I worked in Tiffany's I got to go into all the other nightclubs for free, The Cavendish, Fiesta, Penthouse, Black Swan. Great times.

---------- Post added 31-08-2017 at 20:11 ----------

In the late 60's used to go down to the then LOCARNO

on Sunday nights.

Remember the DJ was called "Mighty Atom" and I think

the guy was only small 4 - 5 ft.

Never got too close to the decks.

Anyone else remember him ?

I was in the band at the time the Mighty Atom was the DJ [i think he was 4ft 6in] and he went out with one of our girl singers for a while and then he went to the Rooftop Gardens in Wakefield. I met him there many years later when I was in a different band.