If the price is right, a house will sell

You really think that things will return to 'normal' within two years and you will get whatever you want for your house? :loopy:

Turn on the TV!, we are entering a recession which will last 10 years or more, it's much more serious than anything we have ever experienced before.:o If you can sell at a reduced price now, then for Gods sake sell, it may be the best opportunity that you get.

I do think that things will start to turn around again soon.Banks will of course start lending, although hopefully more carefully.It is the way that the chancellor and the Government has allowed it all to get out of control that gets us in to this mess.The taxpayer is now the one to pay for this and will be the ones to pay if it doesnt work.

People live beyoind their means and until they change their ways there will always be borrowing beoyod what is necessarily manageable.

Once they are allowed to get a mortgage again, it will pick up and it will not take 10 years to recover.

The economy is not going to turn around just like that even if the credit situation resolved over night.

If you can sell at a reduced price now, then for Gods sake sell, it may be the best opportunity that you get.

but don`t give it away just so you can say you got a sale.

The economy is not going to turn around just like that even if the credit situation resolved over night.

What is your estimate for how long house prices will dip and by how much in light of all the recent developments?

What is your estimate for how long SOME house prices will dip and by how much in light of all the recent developments?

the price has fallen, it isnt going to go back up.

ah last time I put down a 65% deposit, my apologies, your not going to be viewing my house if you need to borrow that much.

By the time you wake up and smell the coffee, you should get out with about a third of that deposit intact.

By the time you wake up and smell the coffee, you should get out with about a third of that deposit intact.

why? you`ve fallen into the trap of "pricing" houses the same as cars.

you cant afford a Jag do they drop the price till YOU can or do you buy a mondeo?

thats the coffee you lot need to start mainlining on ...........

why? you`ve fallen into the trap of "pricing" houses the same as cars.

you cant afford a Jag do they drop the price till YOU can or do you buy a mondeo?

thats the coffee you lot need to start mainlining on ...........

No, you want someone to pay a Jag price for your Mondeo. You obviously don't need to move, so you can keep the price high and not sell it and kid yourself that it is 'worth' what you think.

But every 5% drop in house prices is straight out of your cash deposit.

Pig-headedness comes at price.

the price has fallen, it isnt going to go back up.

Thanks:thumbsup: - I am only looking for what the general trends are rather than on an individual basis as there are some houses on property snake that have had asking price reductions of 50%.

What is your estimate of how far house prices are going to fall on a national basis before they level off? Or even your estimate on Sheffield house prices?

No, you want someone to pay a Jag price for your Mondeo. You obviously don't need to move, so you can keep the price high and not sell it and kid yourself that it is 'worth' what you think.

But every 5% drop in house prices is straight out of your cash deposit.

Pig-headedness comes at price.

wrong - I know I`ve only got a mondeo, I knew it when I bought it and I knew it when I decided to sell which is why I`ve only dropped the price (note price NOT value) by 5% and had 4 viewers in the first couple of weeks since - not the blanket 40% your all saying HAS to be dropped .... which is where I came in if you`d care to look back.

as it stands I can still go another 25 to 30% before it costs me anything because I bought wisely, you wouldnt have know that but it didnt stop your cod economics lecture.

Now try reading some real ecomomics - everything has an intrinsic value be it a bag of sugar, car or house below which it will not normally go.

I need to move, someone needs to buy a house.

I fulfill there need at my price or I don`t sell it, just the same as when an item has been labelled wrongly in a shop. If I dont sell the item then I MAY discount the price, do a BOGOFF or link it to another item thats more popular

What I DONT have to do is sell it below its cost price which is all anyones been reading on here for the last 3 months.

so

VALUE

PRICE

COST

still to difficult for you to understand?

the wishfull thinking on here does no one any favours.

Had any offers yet, saxondale? :hihi:

your scroll button not working? :stupid gif face instead of serious comment: