Argos Activity Pack problems

i want to warn everyone on sf about argos the activity packs that are on sale are not worth buying pls dont do as we did and waste £99 to find out its unusable we tried to book for 5 months then got a load of hassle from the company saying they are booked for next 10 weeks which the voucher then has expired cant get refunds on them argo scustomer services arent intrested once they sold them so pls pls be aware i dont want anyone to fall in the same trap as us its a simple advice to people argos stock/sell these and know of problems i just want to warn people to be aware if you decide to buy one then thats cool i just hope it goes well for you

apologies, its tricky to work out exactly what your saying without full stops!.

Do you mean the activity days and experiences?

Surely the issue you have is with the company that runs them, not argos.

Well, I would'nt dream of sending my O/H up in a Hot air balloon! Know he does'nt like flying...:hihi: Unless for some reason he doe's something to upset me..lol

I wondered about getting one of those a while back, don't they do track days too? Anyone else had any experience with these?

I thought you got 12 months to book with them? Surely you haven't been fobbed off all that time?

I won't get them from there as they don't give you enough details about locations etc.

one we had from boots as a wedding gift had an extension on it, presumably for similar reasons

I'd contact trading standards - 10 weeks is ample time left to be attempting to book yourself in for something like this I'd have said

where in the small print does it tell you you have to run out and book it straight away? It just doesn't

If you have household insurance, contact the free legal advice line you have access to

The reason Argos aren't going to refund is because the date has expired with the activity company, so if the activity company are so booked up, it is THEY who should have honoured the purchase

If you bought on a credit card, they have a legal obligation wrt the purchase too

You might want to add some information to your post if you want your warning to be heeded. There's nothing in there other than "argos" (and Argos aren't in any way at fault by your description).

Activity Days are a huge con. You can get far better value for money by doing a bit of research and contacting a local provider yourself.

A great example is this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2708867/Trail/searchtext%3EACTIVITY+DAY.htm

60 minute flying lesson - £199.99

Google search of Netherthorpe Aerodrome. Find website, find flying school, click prices

One hour flying lesson - £78 to £102

The balloon flight is also £199 but if you google Dragon Balloons and check their prices - £135 to £179 depending on what you want to do.

when we turned up for our spa day the staff at the leisure facility said they did the same thing cheaper, so when we fancied a wind down some considerable time later, I visited their website for a price, only to find they were doing taster sessions for free, so we got the use of the pool, gym, hot tub, steam room etc for free, and just paid for a massages each :thumbsup: (normal price for wandering in and having full use of the facilities is only a tenner anyway)