Halfway - Park And Ride - Question!

Help me end an argument with my father!

We were talking about the best way for me to get to Uni in Sheffield, bus, tram or simply drive in and I said the only reason I don't use 'Park and Ride' at Halfway is because you have to pay to park and then for your fare, however he says this isn't true.

So who's right? When you park at 'Halfway Park & Ride' is your tram fare inclusive in the fare you pay to park?

It's petty, I know... :D

When you've parked you buy a ticket from the booth, which you show when you get onto the tram; you don't need to buy another ticket from the conductor. However, you'll need to keep the ticket to lift the barrier to get back out of the Park & Ride :)

When you've parked you buy a ticket from the booth, which you show when you get onto the tram; you don't need to buy another ticket from the conductor. However, you'll need to keep the ticket to lift the barrier to get back out of the Park & Ride :)

Bugger, so I guess he was right then! Cheers for the info.

you don't seem to have the train on your list

you can park at woodhouse station and catch a train that takes ten mins to get to pond street - much less time than the tram takes to do get to the same place. Parking is free

Yes the train's a good idea, it's cheaper aswell (I believe it's only about £3 return from Woodhouse - Sheffield station). I think they come every hour on a week day.

... except for a peculiar bit in the morning and evening rush hour where they squeeze another service or two in

Can put you right in one babe! Park n ride, INCLUDES tram fare, you don't have to pay again if you show Park n ride ticket.:hihi: The park n ride also has security so no worries re leaving car.

That's intriguing because we've had this discussion on here before in relation to the Malin Bridge P&R and it was definitely my impression that you pay to park and then also pay to ride. You may only have to buy one ticket, but it's more expensive than the tram ticket alone, I think. Which would mean that Howzat is right.

Or is it the case that some park and rides are free and at others you have to pay?

has anybody mentioned how difficult it is to get a parking spec up there though? When the trams first came about, there was nothing like the sheer volume of car owners kicking about then, and employment wasn't so high, so there were less commuters, and students certainly didn't have cars!

I think they need a bigger car park tbh

That's intriguing because we've had this discussion on here before in relation to the Malin Bridge P&R and it was definitely my impression that you pay to park and then also pay to ride. You may only have to buy one ticket, but it's more expensive than the tram ticket alone, I think. Which would mean that Howzat is right.

Or is it the case that some park and rides are free and at others you have to pay?

The ticket to park and ride is more expensive yes, but you don't have to get another ticket when you get onto the tram. Sorry I should have mentioned that in my original post.

has anybody mentioned how difficult it is to get a parking spec up there though? When the trams first came about, there was nothing like the sheer volume of car owners kicking about then, and employment wasn't so high, so there were less commuters, and students certainly didn't have cars!

I think they need a bigger car park tbh

It's decent sized car park as it is, but yes, it's often packed, so it seems many people have to go and park on the industrial estate. I think most people just went and parked at Crystal Peaks before they put a time limit on how long you could stay.

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to park at halfway park and ride and catch tram to Sheffield hallam uni stop ?