Unemployed man hands over £12.5k found in street

That's just it...he/she is trying to justify....badly!!:D

who cares alien get what you can out of this life :D

who cares alien get what you can out of this life :D

Totally agree.....just not at the expence of someone elses misery or hardship.

If I find 12k and keep it then find um-teen purses and hand them in, the handing in doesn't exhonorate me of the original crime by going all self righteous.

Totally agree.....just not at the expence of someone elses misery or hardship.

If I find 12k and keep it then find um-teen purses and hand them in, the handing in doesn't exhonorate me of the original crime by going all self righteous.

Fair enough we are all different and it is that what makes the world go round and such forums continue with debates

Your bold

So what your saying is....Your honest but not at this moment in time?

Your post has judged people on their honesty as not being honest but at the same time you admit being dishonest....That doesn't somehow gel...:confused:

Read it as you like pal, I am sure you will anyway......if you actualy read it word for word ....... I am a He by the way the ''Ian'' would normaly give it away.

Anyway i bow down to everyone elses self richousness ........ sorry i meant supperiority. :rolleyes:

Ladies and gentlemen, what an excitable thread over a simple post.

Honesty and integrity are almost, but not quite, the same thing. It is possible for somebody to be honest about their lack of integrity, as has been described above.

But which is the most important quality in a person? I don’t mind if somebody tells a white lie or a little fib to protect their pride - most people do in one way or another. But integrity? That must be absolutely beyond reproach. A measure of integrity implies trust, or lack thereof, and while I know people who embellish the truth a little, I know that I can count on them in matters of trust where it counts.

Being ‘honest’ enough to admit you would take somebody else’s money is hardly a virtue.

Having the integrity to hand in such a find, knowing in your conscience that it could well be more important a loss to some poor soul than it is a gain for you, that is laudable.

Those who would choose to keep it - you would be thieves, however you might attempt to justify your crassly selfish actions.

Read it as you like pal, I am sure you will anyway......if you actualy read it word for word ....... I am a He by the way the ''Ian'' would normaly give it away.

Anyway i bow down to everyone elses self richousness ........ sorry i meant supperiority. :rolleyes:

I think you misread Alien's post.......:hihi:

There's nothing self righteous or superior about being honest. Honesty is just a mindset. It is quite as simple as that.

Honesty and integrity are almost, but not quite, the same thing. It is possible for somebody to be honest about their lack of integrity, as has been described above.

But which is the most important quality in a person? I don’t mind if somebody tells a white lie or a little fib to protect their pride - most people do in one way or another. But integrity? That must be absolutely beyond reproach. A measure of integrity implies trust, or lack thereof, and while I know people who embellish the truth a little, I know that I can count on them in matters of trust where it counts.

Being ‘honest’ enough to admit you would take somebody else’s money is hardly a virtue.

Having the integrity to hand in such a find, knowing in your conscience that it could well be more important a loss to some poor soul than it is a gain for you, that is laudable.

Those who would choose to keep it - you would be thieves, however you might attempt to justify your crassly selfish actions.

Are you female with blond flowing locks...or a male blond bruiser with a bent nose?.....names do mean diddly these days.

Btw...excellent post.

Are you female with blond flowing locks...or a male blond bruiser with a bent nose?.....names do mean diddly these days.

Btw...excellent post.

Neither. I'm a dog.

Neither. I'm a dog.

don't be too hard on your self looks arnt everything :)

You are quite right....

But i am assuming the cash would just be lying there, no details nothing if the persons details were there, yes i would hand it in.

I also only said at this moment in time i would PROBALLY keep it.

I am also adding logic such as if its 12k in paper with no details the cash is probally from a illegal activity such as a crack dealer.

If any of you find your self truly on your arse (and i dont mean a few months late with a few payments, i mean truly on your ass) and i sincerly hope none of you do, then i would like to see if the answers were different (hypothetical answers when you are doing ok dont count)

Any other time in my life i would hand it in... i think most people who would be truthfull are keeping away.

If i was lucky enough to find 12k tommorow and kept maybe i would be a thief and dis-honest, but i havent so to call me a thief and dishonest over a event that hasnt happend is quite disgracefull and in all honesty has angered me.

Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

I am also adding logic such as if its 12k in paper with no details the cash is probally from a illegal activity such as a crack dealer.

There are limitless possible reasons why the cash could have been honestly gained and honestly lost - and even if it was from dealing crack if you kept it you'd still be thief.

If i was lucky enough to find 12k tommorow and kept maybe i would be a thief and dis-honest, but i havent so to call me a thief and dishonest over a event that hasnt happend is quite disgracefull and in all honesty has angered me.

There's no maybe about it. If you did that you would be a thief.