Unemployed man hands over £12.5k found in street

I bet it belongs to some poor soul who`s withdrawn his nestegg in case his bank goes bust

nowt to do with that mate, depends where you are in your life.. in the past i would have handed it in no danger.. at this moment in time being on my arse ..... sorry 12k would be to much temptation just now.. and knowing me i would hand it in and then lose my wallet and you can bet your last quid the jammy bstad that found it would'nt hand it in.

At least im honest, i bet a lot of people who say yeah i would hand it in, would'nt.... in fact i would put good money on that as fact.

Strange idea of honesty. :loopy:

Over my eight years as a postman I found several hundred pounds in small amounts and in large amounts. My basic rule was if it could be folded, i.e. notes, hand it in.

Most people are very honest, it's only a few of you that are crooks at heart :)

Two recent cases in point ... purse left on counter by one customer, picked up by another accidently, who got to the door and turned back to say "oops, this isn't mine" and hand it to me, another customer left a wallet on the shelf by the lightbulbs, handed to me by another customer a few minutes later. In either case the finder could have just walked out with the item because I wouldn't have known. Discussing the incident, another lady tells me that she left her handbag at the bus stop a couple of weeks ago and the person still standing there, ran after her onto the bus with her bag. My daughter left her bag on the Tube, because she had other luggage, it was handed in totally intact ...

I truly believe most people are honest, we'd just be unfortunate if it was some of you rather than an honest person that happened to find our belongings. Shame on you! :)

Your either a thief or not...it's what's in your head. If you can't differentiate between right and wrong and keep the money then that clearly shows the type of person you are.

To attack others and accuse them of being do-gooders just amplifies who you are and isn't really a very good argument for a questionable character. To justify it in any way just digs the hole deeper IMO

I agree with your post in it's entirety except 'most are good'. Going on the number of those that would keep it, most are not so good, although they probably think they are and use all the verbal tactics to justify.

Now...who's going to tell me taking what's not yours is right?

I'd hand it in. I've found a couple of purses in the past and managed to reunite them with their owners.

I'm sorry to have to disagree with both you and Mr FUTO. And, no you're not in the least honest! :) How can you possibly know the circumstances of the other person? They may be in an even worse financial situation than you ... or at least they would be when you'd stolen their money and jewellery.

IMO, most people would be tempted, but only a basically dishonest person would have to ponder on it for more than a few minutes.

Yes i am honest, I have in the past found lots of stuff including money, and allways handed it, I Once found a old lasses purse on woodseats with more than £800 in it, saw the money thought :D but saw the bus pass and the details of the old deer and handed it in. i was only young and working for £2.50 a hour..

Found a few more wallets and purses handed them all in, found other things handed them in and gone out my way to give it to them myself.

At THIS MOMENT IN TIME if i found 12k lying in the street, i would probaly keep it (and so would a lot of people no matter what they say, if they were in my situation)

Maybe if you are unfortunate to get **** on from several different directions, lose your business and everything you own , get made made bankrupt and have nothing one day.. and then find 12k in the street and hand it in.... then and only then can you judge me and call me dishonest.

I am pressuimg this money had no details by the way, if had some old dears ID etc i doubt i would, as i would feel to guilty.

I am honest because i could have come on, gone yeah i would hand it in :love: look at me arent i good blah blah.. like i said a lot of the people who say they would, would'nt its easy to say you would.

As well as being honest, i have on numerous occassions seen people getting the shizzle kicked out of them and jumped in and helped them out, which i will always do, because i cant stand the walk on by , Im allright jack attitude.. how many of the self richous posters on here would do the same, or just walk off and at best ring the police (not much good when your getting your head stamped on)

Actions speak louder than words.

I would hand it in. every cent.

Can believe you personally would look like a very honest fine lady

Can believe you personally would look like a very honest fine lady

why thank you, kind sir.

why thank you, kind sir.

No it is only right my good lady

No one is perfect i would of kept it maybe makes me dishonest and a bad person but like i said earlier

Better to be hated for what you are than loved for somthing you are not

Yes i am honest, I have in the past found lots of stuff including money, and allways handed it, I Once found a old lasses purse on woodseats with more than £800 in it, saw the money thought :D but saw the bus pass and the details of the old deer and handed it in. i was only young and working for £2.50 a hour..

Found a few more wallets and purses handed them all in, found other things handed them in and gone out my way to give it to them myself.

At THIS MOMENT IN TIME if i found 12k lying in the street, i would probaly keep it (and so would a lot of people no matter what they say, if they were in my situation)

Maybe if you are unfortunate to get **** on from several different directions, lose your business and everything you own , get made made bankrupt and have nothing one day.. and then find 12k in the street and hand it in.... then and only then can you judge me and call me dishonest.

I am pressuimg this money had no details by the way, if had some old dears ID etc i doubt i would, as i would feel to guilty.

I am honest because i could have come on, gone yeah i would hand it in :love: look at me arent i good blah blah.. like i said a lot of the people who say they would, would'nt its easy to say you would.

As well as being honest, i have on numerous occassions seen people getting the shizzle kicked out of them and jumped in and helped them out, which i will always do, because i cant stand the walk on by , Im allright jack attitude.. how many of the self richous posters on here would do the same, or just walk off and at best ring the police (not much good when your getting your head stamped on)

Actions speak louder than words.

Your bold

So what your saying is....Your honest but not at this moment in time?

Your post has judged people on their honesty as not being honest but at the same time you admit being dishonest....That doesn't somehow gel...:confused:

Your bold

So what your saying is....Your honest but not at this moment in time?

Your post has judged people on their honesty as not being honest but at the same time you admit being dishonest....That doesn't somehow gel...:confused:

Think what you want am sure he does not need to justify himself to you some one who has all the prospects of a toilet roll ;)

Think what you want am sure he does not need to justify himself to you some one who has all the prospects of a toilet roll ;)

That's just it...he/she is trying to justify....badly!!:D