What now for the property market

Its a while since I last visited the forum, Thanks for all the input from my last topic.

Seems like sham was right about a lot(hi sham). With fresh eyes and ears what is the latest forecast for the market. I'd really appreciate some fresh advice as I'm still looking to buy somewhere but I'm scared to death to commit right now.

Could all the usual suspects give me some clues as to where its all going to go. Is it gonna

fall anymore or flatten out or go up in the spring or what.

Cheers Miss buffey

Keep dropping until the banks have recovered.

Its a while since I last visited the forum, Thanks for all the input from my last topic.

Seems like sham was right about a lot(hi sham). With fresh eyes and ears what is the latest forecast for the market. I'd really appreciate some fresh advice as I'm still looking to buy somewhere but I'm scared to death to commit right now.

Could all the usual suspects give me some clues as to where its all going to go. Is it gonna

Cheers Miss buffey

Have a look at the 'whats the housing market like at the moment' thread. I am in a similar position to you but won't be looking to buy until well into next year - there is a lot of advice on that thread.

Good luck

Yeah - I think we're in for 2-3 more years of falling prices YOY of 10%+. Even then prices will only platau, and it will be many years before prices move upwards in Sheffield again. Thats for houses, as for newbuild flats - don't even go there! With mortgages almost unobtianable affordability and even more modest salery multiples will be irrelevant.

If you want to bag a bargain don't worry there is no rush and there will be good deals for several years if anyone can get the finance!

I'm a big believer that property is more than an investment - it is your home and if this is your reason for buying then go ahead an enjoy it!

thanks dimitri

i was hoping for some in the know facts and figures and comment that is of

the moment. As I know things are different now to when the last thread started.

Just how much does everyone think prices in sheffield will fall from their current levels that is. I'm just afraid to buy now and regret it in 3 months.

thankyou Buffey.

I think that sheffields prices could continue to correct for another 10-15%- maybe more if this carries on into 2010.

thanks dimitri

i was hoping for some in the know facts and figures and comment that is of

the moment. As I know things are different now to when the last thread started.

Just how much does everyone think prices in sheffield will fall from their current levels that is. I'm just afraid to buy now and regret it in 3 months.

thankyou Buffey.

A website named house price crash has a list of estimates from various agencies etc. about where the market will go in the next 5 years. They range from an increase in prices of 25% to a decrease of 50% and this is from people (I won't call them experts) in the know. I know this isn't what you want to hear but I think it shows that there is a great deal of uncertainty.

We really need to be very lucky to pinpoint the moment the market has bottomed out and it would be a pure guess on our parts. It depends on your circumstances as to whether you buy now - the only advice I would give is offer WAY below the asking price if you do decide to bid, about 30% or something. If the person gets offended then tough, what are they going to do, there are hardly any buyers.

I am waiting until next year but that is because of my circumstances. I can't give much credible advice on what you should do.

Cheers Miss buffey

It is definalty a buyers market and more and more people seem to be finding that what would once seem like being cheeky when making an low offer on a property is quite the norm now with vendors accepting

it is a case of if you like the property and have done the research on prices in that area go in with a low offer if you do not ask you do not get