Bad drivers in white vans

Well, well, well - what can I say - I am a female who drives a white van for a living so what does that say about me.

10 years driving with no accidents throws the 1st 3 comments out of the window.

We rule!!!!

What does that say about you.....indeed, lets break it down, and give you a scor on the PC - Omiter

FEMALE - not a man, so 8/10

DRIVES FOR A LIVING - independance, so very good again, 9/10

DRIVES A WHITE VAN - Shocking, the colour of your van could cause offence, 1/10

So for you a score of 18/30, not bad could do better

10 years driving with no accidents = think that last comment is a little suspect, either that or you never reverse a vehicle into a parking space at the supermarket

people who drive for a living are the most arrogant and dangerous beings on the road

if you say this you must have poor observation hope you do not drive

drivers that do it for a living do great service to the public by making their life better for all thank you to all that do

on reading a artical on bad drivers..what is top of the list is white van drivers..for poor driving this i thought was crazy...some thing to print in the local rag..news paper but iv been noticing white van drivers in the last few days...and i can belive it,taking bad risks,poor observation to other road uses..has any one else noticed this:suspect::suspect:

Yes I have as well whenever I have looked in the rearview mirror at these people who insist on driving on my tail its usually a white van man.

I am beginning to believe that they are enjoying their noteriety,the problem is one day some poor person or persons will die through this sort of driving.

People who make sweeping generalisations are all idiots.

is this not a sweeping generalization :loopy:

is this not a sweeping generalization :loopy:

You don't understand irony, and you spell generalisation with a 'z'... Not an American by any chance, are you? :hihi:

Yes I have as well whenever I have looked in the rearview mirror at these people who insist on driving on my tail its usually a white van man.

I am beginning to believe that they are enjoying their noteriety,the problem is one day some poor person or persons will die through this sort of driving.

Why do some people talk out of their rears?Is it because they watch too much tv?Maybe they should get out more!

White van man has actually evolved considerably over the last few years and long gone are the days when the majority of van drivers drove company vans on company time on company fuel with limited driving skills.Nowadays many are owner drivers with not only pride in their vehicles but driving skills to match.The same people pay huge amounts of money for their vans and also pay for fuel out of their profits and as a result have actually become careful with it.

With that said there are still many different types of van driver,you get the above owner drivers who spend many hours in the cab,you also get the plumbers and maintainence people who merely have vans as a toolbox carrier,both totally different to each other and both groups are easy to spot although nowadays many have grown the same pride in their vehicles.

The vehicles themselfs have changed enourmously,and car drivers are finding this out the hard way,when they are playing their obstructive dangerous games.

Many vans now are much more powerful than an average car,bhp figures of plus 160 are common place and even the mpg figures put many cars to shame returning real 35-40mpg.For those that havnt driven a modern transit,your missing out the handling and braking is close to a focus and probably better than the car you drive with an equipment level to make many envious.

The real problem here is not that they drive vans,if you dig deeper you will find its actually a divide between skilled drivers and very average skilled or below drivers who believe that when they go out to asda its their duty to obstruct as many other motorists as possible,it doesnt matter how dangerous they make it,just so long as they get to feel good about themselfs and of course when they have totally forgotten or ignored or abused the highway code they can blame it on someone else,it seems in this case is WHITE VAN MAN just trying to go about his buisness.

You don't understand irony, and you spell generalisation with a 'z'... Not an American by any chance, are you? :hihi:

ok...you got me...:loopy:..No i'm no yank...yorkshire born and bread, strong in the arm and thick in the head

White van drivers don't have accidents but they see lots of them in their rear view mirror.

White van drivers don't have accidents but they see lots of them in their rear view mirror.

Apt user name.

Apt user name.

I take it you're a white van driver:rolleyes:

on reading a artical on bad drivers..what is top of the list is white van drivers..for poor driving this i thought was crazy...some thing to print in the local rag..news paper but iv been noticing white van drivers in the last few days...and i can belive it,taking bad risks,poor observation to other road uses..has any one else noticed this:suspect::suspect:

white van drivers do it better we rule the road

white van drivers do it better we rule the road

Thought so LOL