Thoughts on laserquest???

thinking of my sons 8th birthday party there, we have never been, have heard good and not so good things about it, but nothing recent.

sooo what d'ya reckon? suitable for 7/8 year olds? 'quality' of party food?

any thoughts mucho appreciated :)

The kids love it but then they are oblivious to the foul smell, filthy, tacky carpets and barely edible food. If you want the kids to have a ball then go, if you want to enjoy yourself don't

fabulous i love it .. my lad is going and has done for the past 4 years, i asked if i could go but as i am the only parent who is interested i wont bother this year . :0

lol....

yes as above it does pong a bit, and the pizza are scabby but kids love it ..

It really depends what the kids are like, we had my sons 8th birthday there and out of the 12 that went 2 of them really didnt like it. It is quite dark and claustrophobic, and easy to lose your bearings when you get inside. The other 10 loved it tho!

The food was ok, no choice tho just pizza.

Hope this helped, Id maybe have a word with parents first.

its brill m8, I was in my 30's when I first tryed it and loved it

The kids love it but then they are oblivious to the foul smell, filthy, tacky carpets and barely edible food. If you want the kids to have a ball then go, if you want to enjoy yourself don't

Totally agree with you, it was very pongy and could do with a re- modernisation but...

...my Son went for a party there on Saturday. He absolutley loved it (he is 7) he wants to have his party there, all his friends were in agreement too. His Favourite food is pizza so he was in heaven.

:)

Go! It's great fun, me and my mates went on Sunday actually, and we're all nearly 17 lol. I agree though, it's a shame its getting a bit run down, the whole place could do with a revamp. It wouldn't be the same without that smell though! It's like plastic, sweat, pizza and dry ice all rolled into one, my jacket still stinks of it, but you know your at LaserZone (or LaserQuest, or QuasarZone, or PhaserZone or whatever they call it now) when you smell it.

We were thinking how cool it would be if the had the arena on 2 floors, and maybe made it a bit less, erm, spacey? Like made the packs look like flak jackets and the guns more realistic, and maybe set up the arena like an office, or warehouse or summat. And have a choice of guns, like SMG, shotgun or pistols. That'd be awesome.

And "Barely edible food"????? Them pizzas were reyt nice!

well last party i went to there when was like 13 so good few years ago...

they did games there but brought external food in from what ever source

you could ask to do this? either buy yourself or catereer or w/e really.

Go! It's great fun, me and my mates went on Sunday actually, and we're all nearly 17 lol. I agree though, it's a shame its getting a bit run down, the whole place could do with a revamp. It wouldn't be the same without that smell though! It's like plastic, sweat, pizza and dry ice all rolled into one, my jacket still stinks of it, but you know your at LaserZone (or LaserQuest, or QuasarZone, or PhaserZone or whatever they call it now) when you smell it.

We were thinking how cool it would be if the had the arena on 2 floors, and maybe made it a bit less, erm, spacey? Like made the packs look like flak jackets and the guns more realistic, and maybe set up the arena like an office, or warehouse or summat. And have a choice of guns, like SMG, shotgun or pistols. That'd be awesome.

And "Barely edible food"????? Them pizzas were reyt nice!

Everyone keeps ignoring the fact that were talking about 7/8 year olds, not 17 or 30 year olds. Lots of little kids are still a bit scared of the dark etc at that age.

thanks for replies :) think my hubby and son are going to go and have a look first!

I want to start going again now Ive seen this thredd.

great fun

I hate the place.

but our lad's had his last 3 birthday parties there ... work that out ... oh, of course it was his choice and he thinks it's brill. he now 8 by the way.

last time we went his party was mixed in with some teenagers that were effing and blinding that was not too clever. (Locksley was that you?) :)

also warn the parents dropping their kids off not to park on the double yellow lines outside, even if it is only for a couple of mins, the traffic wardens there must be paid commission!