Plain knitting patterns?

Where can I get an adult knitting pattern which is plain but uses aran thickness wool? I just want to knit my teenage daughter a chunky sweater. I looked in Atkinsons and Ponden Mills and John Lewis and all adult patterns are for fancy stiches or yarns. I'd just like to knit a rainbow striped jumper as she loves rainbows. I'd also like double knitting ones too.

'Perfect Sweater' is a free pattern download from Mason-Dixon Knitting which uses aran/worsted weight yarn. It's just a plain jumper with options for different necklines etc, but you can easily knit it with stripes.

Direct link to the PDF file here.

Link to the Mason-Dixon blog here (the link to the Perfect Sweater pattern is off to the right hand side of the page).

If you're on Ravelry, here's a link to its page where you can see how others have knitted it.

Thanks I took the Harry Potter one because strangely I was reminded of him as I am planning to send it to my daughter who is going to a many turretted university though I promise we didn't keep her under the stairs before.

If you're doing stripes and want them to match where the arms join the body then an easy way to do that is by working top down. Here's a calculator where you tell it how many stitches you get to the inch (so it would work with dk or aran) and the chest measurement you want and it turns out a pattern.

Thanks decided to knit her a plain one first in her favourite colour. Then when I'm happy with that do one in stripes. Nearly up to the armholes on the back now.