Is anyone else sick of the de Menezes case?

Interesting choice of words, and correct in my view.

If you shut out all the noise about Muslim attacks and extremism and war on terror, what happened here?

A guy was kept under surveillance, tailed across London and then executed and then the evidence was destroyed and falsified. Why?

The only question in my mind is whether De Menezes was the intended target.

Oh, and Hague announces an enquiry into war in Iraq and Boris slings out Sir Ian Blair. Looks like the Tories don't believe the official line on the War on Terror either.

Also, ask yourself, why there has never been an inquiry into the 7/7 bombing, one the biggest attacks on the UK in modern history???

Truth is often stranger than fiction.

look at the details of the day - 'ripple effect 7 7' on you tube.

Also, ask yourself, why there has never been an inquiry into the 7/7 bombing, one the biggest attacks on the UK in modern history???

I'd suggest you didn't.

http://j7truth.blogspot.com/2007/12/77-ripple-effect-rebuttal-and-rejection.html

"I think it is significant that the opponents of J7 have persistently used the taunt of "what do you think happened then?"; quite recently someone posted on another forum that we don't put our money where our mouth is. This is a trap. As soon as an alternative is put forward, the focus shifts from examining the official account to examining the alternative account."

I notice the author of Ripple Effect is from Sheffield. Not you?

That is one thing I have learned going through life - that truth can indeed be very much stranger than fiction. Things do happen in real life that if an author chose to include them in a work of fiction, he would be laughed at for stretching the bounds of credibility!

StarSparkle

PS Jamescfc - I have no idea who you are, but so far your posts have been EXCELLENT - Welcome to SF!

Why would there be a need to … defend something pleasant?

Q. Why would there be a need to defend something pleasant?

A. Because you have put it forward for scrutiny by the critics of this thing, hence the term 'apologist'.

I think what you meant to say was "sad islamic terrorist sympathisers", and not "sad muslim apologists". To my mind, a muslim apologist would be a scholar who publishes for the critics of islam, and not its adherents. One who makes a case for islam against an invited critique. Not much evidence of that on this particular thread.

But I'm curious as to whether the quotes I gave you "go without saying" or not.

If they do, why come out with this:

Instead of droning on and on about the De Menezes shooting, let's hear you come out and condemn the scum who would destroy our community from within

?

If they don't, then why not?

If the scenario is that they thought that he was suspect they were going to shoot sooner than give the chance of causing mayhem.In those circumstances you dont arrest somebody you think is going to detonate a bomb,that would be foolish,you take them down and do it in a way they cant react,a wounded anima is the most dangerous,the simplest way to do that is an head shot,anywhere else they can still cause problems.

Ok the police were mistaken but Im sure it was a genuine mistake but what he had been a terrorist and they had tried to arrest him,there would have been a lot more dead bodies then.including the police,they are only human and live in the same fear of losing their lives as you and I,the uniform doesnt make them immune.

You are ignoring the fact that bombs capable of causing death (to anyone other than the person carrying it) can't be carried in your pocket. Bombs capable of "mayhem" are big and lumpy. You need a bag or you need to hide it under bulky clothes to disguise its mass. The police had followed him for half an hour and they knew he wasn't carrying a bomb and, as far as I know, they have not claimed that they thought he was during the inquiry.

Their only justification the police are offering is one of mistaken identity, which isn't good enough. Even if they got the wrong guy why did they kill him and on what authority?

You might be "sure" it was a genuine mistake but IMO that is a naive act of blind faith. I don't do blind-faith whether it is the police, governments or religions that call for it. Those that call for acts of blind-faith are normally liars with something to hide.

If the scenario is that they thought that he was suspect they were going to shoot sooner than give the chance of causing mayhem.In those circumstances you dont arrest somebody you think is going to detonate a bomb,that would be foolish,you take them down and do it in a way they cant react,a wounded anima is the most dangerous,the simplest way to do that is an head shot,anywhere else they can still cause problems.

Ok the police were mistaken but Im sure it was a genuine mistake but what he had been a terrorist and they had tried to arrest him,there would have been a lot more dead bodies then.including the police,they are only human and live in the same fear of losing their lives as you and I,the uniform doesnt make them immune.

What makes you think he was going to detonate a bomb?

how do the police tackle what they believe to be suicde bombers?

how do the police tackle what they believe to be suicde bombers?

Arrest them, incapacitate them or kill them. Whatever is reasonable based on the circumstances.

Q. Why would there be a need to defend something pleasant?

A. Because you have put it forward for scrutiny by the critics of this thing, hence the term 'apologist'.

I think what you meant to say was "sad islamic terrorist sympathisers", and not "sad muslim apologists". To my mind, a muslim apologist would be a scholar who publishes for the critics of islam, and not its adherents. One who makes a case for islam against an invited critique. Not much evidence of that on this particular thread.

But I'm curious as to whether the quotes I gave you "go without saying" or not.

If they do, why come out with this:

?

If they don't, then why not?

Yawn..... you're really struggling now, aren't you?

I doubt if your Muslim mates will be impressed by your Reader's Digest style, pseudo-intellectual waffling.

Didn't they tell you, your type will be the first to go when they take over. Now there's gratitude for you :hihi:

If Jean Charles had been a terrorist why did they let him board buses which could had the potential to cause carnage?

Remember the police(Cressida Dick) said they thought he was acting like a terrorist when he turned away from Brixton tube station after he found it closed......and yet they still let him board the bus again?

Isn't this exactly what the last suicide bomber on July 7 did, not being able to get to the underground station detonated his bomb on the bus instead?

the police hasn,t dealt with this type of terrorism before how do you deal with people who are willing to blow themselves to pieces to prove a point

the police hasn,t dealt with this type of terrorism before how do you deal with people who are willing to blow themselves to pieces to prove a point

By sending large crack squads into our communities to follow random Brazilian electricians around for hours before cornering them on public transport and playing 'Let's see who can make the largest bullet hole in his face'.