Is anyone else sick of the de Menezes case?

or why not a couple of shots into each hand, would have done the same job.

i think its all very strange. we'll never know the whole truth so i can't really comment further.

I think the truth is, the chap videoing the entrance to the suspect's block of flats went for a pee. Didn't his mummy teach him to have one before he went out?

Think realistically about this.

A suspect is approaching an rmy checkpoint in Basrah. He shows all the signs of traditional 'martyr' bomber - nervous eyes, sweating, signs of recent martyr tattoos above the neck, bulky coat, strange walk (due to the weight of explosives round his torso).

The troops challenge him to stay where he is and he continues walking like a zombie towards them and the dozens of civilians queuing to get through the gate.

Thy have an instant choice to make, and they have to aim and squeeze - standard operating procedure. But no, you'd rather they 'did some solid background research' and died.

Under the post-7/7 pressures the Police faced, how much 'research' do you think they had time for? I am amazed at the naivety of your post.

In the circumstance you outline above it would be reasonable to shoot but there is no comparison with what happened to Menezes...

The police are following a suspect who has not been formally identified as the man they are looking for. He shows NONE of the signs of traditional 'martyr' bomber - he doesn't have nervous eyes, he isn't sweating, there is no bag, no bulky coat, and no strange walk (due to the weight of explosives round his torso).

The police do not bother to challenge him and let him continue to walk calmly to the tube station where there are hundreds of civilians. There is no split second decision. It takes over half an hour before the decision is taken to pump his head full of bullets without given him warning or asking him to comply with any instructions.

I don't know about you but I have doubts that this is reasonable. There may be mitigating circumstances, in which case they can be heard, but we still need a proper explanation instead of all the secrecy and misinformation.

Not making the police accountable for their actions is a slippery slope that we do not want to go down.

or why not a couple of shots into each hand, would have done the same job.

i think its all very strange. we'll never know the whole truth so i can't really comment further.

Oh dear, let's try to explain.

So, as the first hand is shot, he presses the button because it's actually in the other hand?

Or the bullets set off the switch by breaking the mechanism and shorting the wires?

Or the switch is on his belt so he manages to use his wrist, despite hands being shot, to set it off?

Hands, especially moving, are also very difficult targets. Even if hit squarely, they are not necessarily useless when damaged and can still function. I suspect the security services had considered the cartoon-style solution of 'shooting him in both hands'.

Maybe you would think differently if this was your son!

He was a assassinated because he knew something- you only stick that much lead into someone if you really never want them to wake up again.

So glad there are people in this country willing to question the rubbish that is fed to us through the media by unquestioning 'journalists'. More and more are waking up.

You are edging closer to what I think this whole thing is about. He knew too much about 7/7.

He was an electrician. What had he been working on or what did his work lead him to see?

Look up 'ripple effect 7 7' on youtube. Watch every short episode of this. Narrated by a good yorkshireman.

Yes, I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about this case. I'm sick that it ever happened. I'm sick that the Met made mistakes that cost a man his life. I'm even sicker that Sir Ian and his cronies appear to have closed ranks and made it up as they go along but then again, don't the Police always?

However, what makes me even sicker are the hand wringing liberals amongst the population who fail to see the bigger picture.

On 7/7, 52 people were blown to pieces in London by Muslim suicide bombers.

Hardly surprising that on 22/7 the Police were a Little jittery to say the least.

And so was Jean Charles as after all, he was an illegal immigrant.

For all of you out there criticising the Police, please do so as at times they deserve it.

But on this occasion they don't.

I feel for the family of Jean Charles.

I also feel for the man/men who pulled the trigger.

Perhaps we should really reserve our sympathies for the de Menezes legal team, the British taxpayer and the warped ideology which caused this sad and sorry event.

No doubt all of the above will be suitably compensated, on earth or in heaven.

Good post. That just about sums it up.

As always all the usual leftie Muslim apologists are crying foul and looking for conspiracy theories to support their tinpot, anti-British ideology.

Meanwhile those of a more rational disposition see the situation for what it was, as laid out so eloquently above by cloudybay

What I remember, very clearly, was a passer by being interviewed by CNN and he said that he was wearing a thick padded jacket. It makes me wonder who that '' passer by '' was now.

What I remember, very clearly, was a passer by being interviewed by CNN and he said that he was wearing a thick padded jacket. It makes me wonder who that '' passer by '' was now.

That's a very good point.... I remember that too.

StarSparkle

Good post. That just about sums it up.

As always all the usual leftie Muslim apologists are crying foul and looking for conspiracy theories to support their tinpot, anti-British ideology.

Meanwhile those of a more rational disposition see the situation for what it was, as laid out so eloquently above by cloudybay

Not really Muffin Man, elementary mistakes were made in this case and really someone in charge should have been held to account for these mistakes.

Now please note, most hear angered by the De Menezes shooting are asking for the head of the person who pulled the trigger, but the people whi ran the operation.They were woefully under prepared and made very sloppy mistakes.

In most other companies somebody would have been demoted or even fired for them, so why is the Metropolitan Police any different.

As for conspiracy theories, what's that got to do with anything?

But it could quite easily be that this "passer by" didn't actually know who the police were chasing, and assumed it was a guy that he had seen wearing a thick padded jacket, remember no photos at that time were released to the public.