Is anyone else sick of the de Menezes case?

I never said Jean Charles was part of an Islamic Ideology. I said Jean Charles was a victim of 7/7 ( Islamic ideology)

52 people were victims of summary execution the previous day.

If you really want to apportion blame, look no further than the vermin who planted the bombs.

Yes but that is still not justifcation for a summary execution.

It is one thing to shoot someone who has been positively identified as as terrorist, returning to the scene of a crime, carrying something that could be a bomb. It is something completely different to shoot someone who hasn't been identied as a terrorist and isn't carrying anything that could be a bomb!

I don't understand how you can conclude there was a threat that justified summary execution. Can you please explain?

Ahh right then. So by your logic of taking backwards steps to apportion blame, we can blame George Bush for Menezes' murder because he made those Muslims hate us that much to want to blow us up? :loopy:

So you're happy to blame Bush for Menezes' death, but not the Muslim terrorists who put our Police on such high alert and directly brought about the operation which led to the Menezes shooting?

Interesting logic you have there.

Yes but that is still not justifcation for a summary execution.

It is one thing to shoot someone who has been positively identified as as terrorist, returning to the scene of a crime, carrying something that could be a bomb. It is something completely different to shoot someone who hasn't been identied as a terrorist and isn't carrying anything that could be a bomb!

I don't understand how you can conclude there was a threat that justified summary execution. Can you please explain?

Isn't it fairly straightforward that he left a building they knew was being used by terrorists, they thought he was a terrorist, and took a decision based on what they thought they knew, at the time?

So you're happy to blame Bush for Menezes' death, but not the Muslim terrorists who put our Police on such high alert and directly brought about the operation which led to the Menezes shooting?

But if you use that logic, according to one of the suicide bombers themselves in their video, they attacked London because, of Britain's involvement in Iraq.

So you could argue that it the UK government can be blamed for the 7/7 attacks, and therefore the death of Jean Charles shooting too.

Try reading the posts....you'll see that that answer was a reply to a post with similar "interesting" logic.

But if you use that logic, according to one of the suicide bombers themselves in their video, they attacked London because, of Britain's involvement in Iraq.

So you could argue that it was the UK government can be blamed for the 7/7 attacks, and therefore the death of Jean Charles shooting too.

No.

It's one thing linking an accidental and tragic death to a deliberate act of terrorism - accidents have to be explained and justified.

You can't do the same with a deliberate act of mass murder - nothing can explain or justify that.

Try reading the posts....you'll see that that answer was a reply to a post with similar "interesting" logic.
I've read plenty of your posts, but I'm yet to see any logic.

So you could argue that it was the UK government can be blamed for the 7/7 attacks, and therefore the death of Jean Charles shooting too.

KM2....I think your completely wasting your time....they read what they wanna read!

Great editors for the Daily Blah in the making though.

Does anyone know how many officers were involed in the shooting directly?

No.

It's one thing linking an accidental and tragic death to a deliberate act of terrorism - accidents have to be explained and justified.

You can't do the same with a deliberate act of mass murder - nothing can explain or justify that.

Not sure I follow your argument, but do you think over 100,000 Iraqi deaths was justified?

I've read plenty of your posts, but I'm yet to see any logic.

Well done...now trot along.

I'm guessing you've not read all the posts 'Blondi'....

You can defend the police all you like and you can rhyme and reason as to what lead up to that day, but NOTHING can excuse the incompetant 'intelligance' afforded to the police officers who were 'watching' for a terrorist without even knowing what he looks like. Nor can blaming the perpetrators of 7/7 or 21/7 explain or excuse their attempts to cover up a complete and utter balls up. Whats that old saying...Liars liars everywhere, liars liars better beware....

I'm guessing you've not read all the posts 'Blondi'....

You can defend the police all you like and you can rhyme and reason as to what lead up to that day, but NOTHING can excuse the incompetant 'intelligance' afforded to the police officers who were 'watching' for a terrorist without even knowing what he looks like. Nor can blaming the perpetrators of 7/7 or 21/7 explain or excuse their attempts to cover up a complete and utter balls up. Whats that old saying...Liars liars everywhere, liars liars better beware....

For attempted cover-up, there is no excuse - I will not defend that.

But, you cannot expect the Police to have perfect information and make perfect decisions every time. Mistakes are made, and sometimes - regrettably - they can be tragic mistakes. That's part of life, thankfully rare, but we have to accept it sometimes happens.