JABU is opening back up

WOW, my favourite restaurant in Sheffield re-opening. :thumbsup:

can anyone confirm that jabu did indeed open last night?

or if they have a new phone number? :help:

thank you,

x

I drove past it last night and it was definitely open. I could see people inside and all the windows were steamed up :)

Not sure whether the phone number is the same though.

I drove past it last night and it was definitely open. I could see people inside and all the windows were steamed up :)

Not sure whether the phone number is the same though.

woohoo!!!! thank you for that.

i tried the old number the other day and it didnt work, not to worry, im sure we'll just turn up!

x

well, me and my mates from london went on friday and it was just as good as it ever was.....absolutely superb!!!!!

a very, very welcome back to jabu and its lovely staff. :D:love::thumbsup:

x

We called in Friday early evening, and had some dumplings, which I thought were nice. Mainly wanted to have a look at the place after all the good reviews it's had. Staff were friendly, place had a nice atmosphere....but I don't get it; why go to a restaurant and then cook yourself?

Really, I don't understand that bit - why not just buy the stuff and cook at home?

Really, I don't understand that bit - why not just buy the stuff and cook at home?

coz you dont have to do the washing up after!!! :hihi:

glad you liked it though. on a serious note, in china, hotpot restaurants are big news. we (me and the visiting friends) first had it when we went to china a few years ago and it is a really convivial type of meal- relaxed, tasty and always good for a laugh when your chopstick skills are a bit rusty! theyve just come back from china and were so chuffed that the place was open, i think we all got back into the holiday spirit.

lets face it, its not too much different to having a fondue in the alps...and nobody complains about cooking for themselves with that.

x

Yes, there was nothing wrong with the place, and the people in looked like they were all enjoying their food......I just don't get the idea of going out and then cooking.

But they were busy, so obviously lots of people do :)

Ade

Jabu's back just in time for the long, cold dark Winter nights. Excellent!

Great food, great staff and popular with Chinese diners which is always a sign that the food is authentic.

I went passed a couple of weeks ago and it was closed again! The phone doesn't work either. What's going on! The food is great and it's always rammed surely they can't keep going out of business!?

it is definitely reopened. we have been twice and also the original number works for me.