Restaurants open on Christmas Day?

Punctuation?

It's a dying art form.

But snobbery and pedantry are alive and well it would seem.

But snobbery and pedantry are alive and well it would seem.

Indeed.

Nothing wrong with being precise.

Well bradley 1983 be precise and recommend somewhere for the poor chap to go at Christmas, but not with you, I bet you are a bundle of fun!

Indeed.

Nothing wrong with being precise.

There's nothing wrong with the washing instructions of Les Dennis' thong but people don't want to read that either.

Any chance we could leave the personal digs and get back to the topic of the thread?

Thank you.

Certainly, the Shoulder of Mutton in Worrall pub does meals on Christmas Day although I'm not sure what they're like. I saw it advertised in a newspaper. The number is 0114 286 2101.

A really good one is a new one just opened this year called The Reeds. It belongs to the Pastures Hotel, and sits just outside Sheffield in Mexborough. It is frequented by many a Sheffield'er, child friendly as well. I hope this helps, you could also stay at the hotel overnight, staff are really friendly and helpful.

We are also thinking of doing the same. We picked up a menu for the Dore Moor Inn and I think it was £40 per person. The Fox House are also part of the same chain and are offering the same menu at the same price. I will let you know if we find anywhere else.

We are once again open this year for Christmas Day.

We still have room, but it does get booked up very fast as does everywhere else in Sheffield.

Menus can be downloaded from the web site.

Merry Christmas!

Folks,

Anyone know of any decent restaurants that will be open on Christmas Day in Sheffield?

I notice that the Walnut Club in Hathersage does. Anywhere else?

Cheers

Yes, the samuel fox in Bradwell (not far from Hathersage) is also open for christmas day lunch. I got a brochure put on my desk at work. Been once before and really enjoyed it so a good tip I think. If I could get out of my family christmas, I would be there.