Any FOERS family in Rotherham or Sheffield

I am currently working on the FOERS family tree for my son in laws family.

The FOERS I am working on centred around Whiston, Rotherham, Treeton and Sheffield.

Are there any FOERS in your family and would you be interested in filling in some of my gaps. I will, of course, try to help participants fill in any of their gaps.

Hello BillyWhiz,

There was a Harry Foers who died 1st May 1922, he served during WW1, and is commemorated on St Stephens Roll of Honour, Fawcett Street.

Also a W. Foers who served, and is commemorated on the Walkley Reform Club Roll of Honour.

Also a H. FOER, (could be Harry Foers) who served as a Sgt, he is commemorated on the St Timothy's Roll of Honour, Crooks.

hope this might help,

Dean.

Foers on Aughton Lane Aston

I remember while I was working on the same site, watching I think his name was John Foers build 4X4's at Parkgate Rotherham, brilliant vehicles.

I was a carer in the 90s and I looked after a lovely man Mr. Foer who lived on Pringle Road Brinsworth Rotherham.........he died about 1997......I cant remember his first name......

Know from the research i've done into my family tree that there are many FOERS buried in Moorgate cemetery, also believe that Foers still have 2 businesses in Treeton one a Construction company (think they know got a large depot near the new Morrisons (Catcliffe) the other i think is a funeral Directors. also believe from a contact i had on Genes-reunited that some of this said family emigrated to Canada?? will double check that though.

Hi my name is Harry foers I'm a 14 year old kid looking to dig into my family roots 

I looked up my surname and found this 

Back in 1963-1968 I knew a Mr Foers - he was a company representative for a Sheffield company making cardboard packing  boxes and cardboard cutlery boxes

Very nice guy who used to call in once a week to the company I worked for - I.S.Dearden - Monogram Cutlery, on Liverpool Street Sheffield 9

Cannot remember the name of the company he worked for, or even his first name - he was always Mr Foers to everyone - maybe mid to late 40's age group at that time

Hope this helps your searching

Best Wishes - Victor - Subang Jaya, State of Selangor, Malaysia

I once nearly bought a Foers Nomad car, which was like a mini -based Moke . That was about 1985. 

Edited by radio_peter

2 hours ago, DeWasteney said:

Cannot remember the name of the company he worked for....

M M Bell, perhaps?

Think they had an operation somewhere behind the Moor?

M M  Bell is not a company name I recall buying from - I have just now thought the company name may have been Pickerings - certainly, the location off the bottom of the Moor, (as it was then), seems to be correct - was it Joseph Pickering ???? I remember buying from that named  firm

Victor - Malaysia (UK plus 7 hours)

Mary Emma Foers  married my gt uncle Stephen Sanderson;  

Stephen born / bapt  7 May 1873  Hoyland  S Yorks         Mary born/bapt 19 March 1874 Rotherham   Bapt  All Saints  Rotherham 

Married  29 Jan 1894  St Peters  Hoyland  

Stephen  died 2 June 1943   No 1 Broadcar Rd  Hoyland     Buried  Kirk Balk Cem.  Hoyland  

Mary        died  12 Nov1959  As above                                              As above          [ There is a M I ]  

Their  children were ;

Ellen                        1894   m James Goodwin  

Fernetta                1900  known as Netta  never married 

Ewart   Berwick 1904   m  Doris Hirst   

Note   Stephen and Mary  adopted a boy called Edgar Ainsworth the  son of James and Albreda Ainsworth  ba 25 Jan 1893 Wombwell  S Yorks 

Hope that this is some help to you  

Barry Sanderson      Elsecar S Yorks