HIPS report - how long does it last for?

I had my HIP report done independently at the start of July and my house went on sale at the end of the same month. I'm thinking of taking it off the market for a while then putting it back on with a different agent. Would I be able to use the same HIP report? I understood they lasted for a year from the day you have them done, but my agent says that if the property is off the market for so many days, then the HIP is rendered invalid and you have to have another one done (although she couldn't tell me the exact details of how long it has to be off the market for this to take effect).

Is this true? If so, what's the longest it can stay off the market that will allow me to use the HIP I've already had done?

Thanks,

Aqua

I found this link. So I guess you can remarket using the same pack as long as it's within a year of when you first had it made.

oh don't you just love the twoddle estate agents come out with :rolleyes:

Did they do a free HIPS for you? if so they can probably charge you an administration charge if you pull out without selling, but other than that, it sounds like she's making empty threats (and are they covered by trading standards? :suspect: or can that be construed as misrepresentation? I bet they're not covered by the FSA either )

Do I recognise that worktop btw?

yes you can same HIPS, no need new one. please check with your lawyer also. normally you can use for 12 months.

If the HIPS includes local council searches, I thought they only lasted 6 months.

I believe a HIPS lasts for the duration of you marketing a property but may need renewing after 24 months

I was also told that if you take a property off the market and then put it back on after a gap in time you have to have another one carried out

whether this is true with all companies i do not know but PSG in rotherham follow this as a general rule

When i changed estate agents i was told to do it within days of cancelling with the current agent or the HIPS would be void