Parking in Omega Court S11

it doesn't matter who's car it is, it should have been ticketed at 12 o clock, also in regards to the spaces at the top it does not stiplulate on any of the signs that if you park incorrectly you will get a fine. VCS are the same company of Excel.[/QUOTe

Hi Emmie just googled Vehicle Control Services and went on website , and indeed VCS and Excel Parking are sister companies, both with the same address on Omega Court !!!

Also on the point of clamping... how come if you dont clamp vehicles there was a renault Megane clamped and taking up a visitor space in Omega Court in the summer for approx 3 weeks and also another car at the bottom, which was clamped and bricks put behind the wheels ??

Not sure i understand either

Hi Ruby

The vehicle in question was actually a VCS vehicle that had been returned by an employee who had "lost" the keys. A clamp was put on it to secure it until such time as the locks could be changed.

Can I just add that whilst VCS do share the same offices as Excel, they are a completely separate company. They are on their own floor, with their own staff, own supplies etc etc.

If you have any VCS questions I can ask them (as I have about the car you mention) but obviously cannot speak on their behalf.

Also, I cannot speak about any individual cases as there are Data Protection and other legal implications but if you have any general questions I will be more than willing to answer, if I can, plus obviously correct any inaccuracies!

Dear Excel

Thank you for taking the effort to post here - it is nice to see that you are not an anonymous company :)

My point is that the legal ground upon which you issue fines is shaky to say the least isnt it as they are not 'real' parking fines as handed out by police or council wardens?

You are a very popular company on the internet !!

What would you say to the following:

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362&hl=

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/118813-excel-parking-ticket.html

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=25936&pid=229215&mode=threaded&start=#entry229215

Hi Deepak

As I mentioned, I will not go into individual cases and neither will I get drawn into legal arguments about the whys and what fors as I do not think this forum is the place. Suffice to say we do take many cases to court, including those who follow the advice on the forums.

The Mansfield case which is constantly being referred to is currently in the process of being appealed against so I cannot comment other than to say much of the press reporting of the incident to which is being referred was very inaccurate. When the legal procedures are complete then I may be in a position to comment further.

3 tickets issued today so far, they wait until the exact time has expired (not over by 1 second) and give u a ticket, PATHETIC!!

It doesn't stiplulate in the sign though about visitors all it says is

VISITORS PARKING/ 2 HOUR MAXIMUM STAY, does this mean that visitors can stay aslong as they want or what. Please tell me when visitors come how many visitors stay longer than 2 hours (most of them) i thought this was the point of having Visitors parking, so visitors can park, you can't put a time limit on a visitor staying.

If anyone has recieved a ticket from Excel Parking or VCS (they are the same company) the best thing to do is to simply ignore it. Do not respond, otherwise you willl be put on their priority list. They will never take you to court because they know they can't win, so just ignore them and they will go away.

Dan2802 - I fully agree with your comments, these people are vermin and the law should protect us from them.

Has anybody seen the signs on Kenwood Bank to say that all the roads including Sharrow Lane are all going to be PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY, this is just getting beyond a joke, why do we pay road tax!!!

Unfortunately I worked at Excel a while ago...and yes, Excel and VCS, ARE the same company. Don't know why they are pretending to not be!!! :huh: I am an ex employee and saw all the paperwork, contracts, you name it!

Excel and VCS have one rule for themselves and one for everyone else. The fact it is run by utter monkeys speaks for itself! The directors are just cowboys with no director experience, the man who built up the company employed his friend as the sales director....speaks volumes really!

In meetings I witnessed this so called 'sales director' shouting and threatening their staff with their p45's. How anyone could still work or this company is beyond me. The grapevine also tells me that a lot of the recruitment agencies in Sheffield have barred Excel from being on it's books, as the way the staff are treated is appauling.

So, with that, I offer Excel to prove they are not the same company as VCS!

and to add, they have no legal side, no lawyers, no governing body of law, nothing, so yes if you ignore the tickets, I beleive they simply cannot do anything. I never witnessed any of the staff preparing any kind of court cases either!

I offer very reasonable rates at the Devonshire Arms Ecclesall Rd, for just £3 a day you can park, call in or call 07855 233390 to arrange your vehicle details and arrange parking!

Hi I used to work on Omega court and there was little parlking for staff and customers as it is, it looks like a good money making con to me.

why should we have to pay for parking when taking the original lease out there was parking with these buildings, how on earth are the Landlords going to rent these buildings out ever again!!!!