Police helicopter hovering over SHU

Ok looking at people, who are not suspected of criminal activity, invading their privacy is obviously wrong, I never suggested otherwise.

However if the police did not use the latest available surveillance technology it would be the terrorists and criminals that would gain the advantage.

Helicopter seems to have been hovering all week never mind today must of come across a load of cheap fuel via the Manor, The Noise does sound a bit iffy but if you live in a city then its part of the soundscape like pubs, clubs, people, cars , sirens etc Try and take that into consideration when buying property in the city center 'Its Noisey'

I think those that are daft enough to complain about the police helicopter trying to catch criminals deserves all the sarcasm they get.

No one was really being 'daft enough to complain about the police helicopter '

They were just being nosy, as most of us on here are.

Posters were basically trying to find out: what was the copter up to

Below, line for line are most of the posts before a 'policeman' comes in with an answer to their question.

Ok he answered the question, but why does the response from the policeman have to be sarcastic ?

1.Yes. It is annoying.

2.It was right outside my apartment before couldn't concerntrate on loose women!

3.Just wanted to make sure nothing horrible had happened before we start complaining about it properly!!

4.They'll be eyeing up the new totty who've arrived this week.

oh find out whats going off.i dont get out much.

THE POLICEMANS ANSWER

Please accept my apologies on behalf of SYP. Officers were acting on information regarding a male with a firearm near to the Railway Station.

SARCASM

So sorry if their task of protecting you from such individuals disturbed your afternoon.

Now you, dan_999uk, who I have noticed as usually the voice of reason on police matters come in backing up the PC who was basically rude to the public (posters on here) when the police should be more respectful.

I am pretty sure that most people repect others when they show respect.

1. Complaint

2. Complaint

3. Nosy/complaint

4. Facetious

5. Nosy

I think the response was entirely justified from a forum member who has knowledge of the incident from his work.

Posters on here are not really complaining, we are mostly:

inquiring, searching for the truth, researching

Ok being nosy.

When some one knows the reason, they are:

usually keen to inform, share the knowledge, and trust others

with the information.

ok show off that they have inside info.

Any one can be sarcastic, I have been so myself on occasion, but a police officer could have the sense to refrain from sarcastic or disrespectful comments.

I know this is only a forum of opinions, it is my opinion that this particular officers comments, although only slightly offensive, were typical of the rudeness the public has unfortunately come to expect from today's police officers.

In my opinion you do your self and the police no favours by supporting his comments.

Goodness whats the big deal

only having a laugh

and a bit of banter

ive got nothing wrong

with SYP. ill take my hat of to them..

I'm sure if they were commenting in an official capacity then they would sugar coat their words, but they weren't.

For the avoidance of doubt, the views expressed in my posts represent my own views, not those of my employer or anyone else

That exactly sums up my point!

People are definitely getting the impression that today's police officers do not care about serving the public.

The impression that is coming across is one of selfishness, and as you hint at, keeping a two faced approach.

People are definitely getting the impression that today's police officers do not care about serving the public.

The impression that is coming across is one of selfishness, and as you hint at, keeping a two faced approach.

two faced..!! if it was only 2 faces needed then the job might be manageable.

you, the public, have demanded, through political correctness, amongst other things, that cops have to say one thing and do another, all the time.

I provide a public service, im not a public servant.

my job is being out there catching the scum stealing your cars and breaking into your houses. I do not dish out parking tickets, speeding tickets, or knock people off for having no car tax. I dont get time for any of that sh**, and neither do my colleagues. (But if i do ever get time again i will)

At various times over the last 20 yrs or so, I have been stabbed, kicked unconscious, had my eyesocket broken, and ran over by stolen bikes. I have been maliciously accused of assault by criminals, who later admitted they made the accusations 'cos they were bored/didnt like getting arrested.

So please. If you stagger up to my van downtown on a friday night and try to make a joke and have a laugh with me. You will forgive me for not having a sense of humour 100% of the time.

Selfishness..?? damn right.

Why..? cos if I dont look after my own back, no one else will. There arent many jobs you can do, that will look at putting you in jail if you **** up.

Im a professional person, and I rarely feel the need to engage people in useless conversation when Ive a stack of things I need to do elsewhere..

So please dont accuse me (us) of being rude, when I dont share a joke or spend 5 mins passing the time day.

The individual posting the reply and divulging the firearms incident may well have been stood on an outer-cordon for several hours that day keeping people out of the area while the job got sorted. After hearing the same questions several dozen times from punters, ones patience wears a little thin. Cut the guy (or girl) some slack. They will still be out next week on nights locking up the gob-****es in your area making your lives a misery.

Im afraid Dixon of Dock Green is dead, as the Dodo. If you want him back, better start speaking to your MP and try and get the Police Service back. Because what you have now is useless.

These views are my own. The job doesnt like me having them.

I hate criminals and thieving lazy scum who wont get jobs.

Where ever you are in sheffield, that helicopter is always above your house, being noisy.

Curse you Sierra99!

I see what the helicopter does but it is really noisy, can't they do the job on land? Instead of moving our air ambulance to Leedshire, can;t they ditch the police copter and we'd keep air ambulance?

Can they not put muffler things on the blades and get the council to distribute free ear muffs to everyone ?

you, the public, have demanded, through political correctness, amongst other things, that cops have to say one thing and do another, all the time.

my job is being out there catching the scum stealing your cars and breaking into your houses. I do not dish out parking tickets, speeding tickets, or knock people off for having no car tax. I dont get time for any of that sh**, and neither do my colleagues. (But if i do ever get time again i will)

At various times over the last 20 yrs or so, I have been stabbed, kicked unconscious, had my eyesocket broken, and ran over by stolen bikes. I have been maliciously accused of assault by criminals, who later admitted they made the accusations 'cos they were bored/didnt like getting arrested.

So please. If you stagger up to my van downtown on a friday night and try to make a joke and have a laugh with me. You will forgive me for not having a sense of humour 100% of the time.

Why..? cos if I dont look after my own back, no one else will. There arent many jobs you can do, that will look at putting you in jail if you **** up.

Im a professional person, and I rarely feel the need to engage people in useless conversation when Ive a stack of things I need to do elsewhere..

So please dont accuse me (us) of being rude, when I dont share a joke or spend 5 mins passing the time day.

The individual posting the reply and divulging the firearms incident may well have been stood on an outer-cordon for several hours that day keeping people out of the area while the job got sorted. After hearing the same questions several dozen times from punters, ones patience wears a little thin. Cut the guy (or girl) some slack. They will still be out next week on nights locking up the gob-****es in your area making your lives a misery.

Im afraid Dixon of Dock Green is dead, as the Dodo. If you want him back, better start speaking to your MP and try and get the Police Service back. Because what you have now is useless.

I think the police to a very very very good job considering what they have to deal with and the idiotic public also ...

two faced..!! if it was only 2 faces needed then the job might be manageable.......[/i]

Suspect you'll be getting words from above soon.

Now look what you folks gone and done, p***ed of the police, they are entitled to have a laugh, and you jump on them for it.

Pweese Mr officer on behalf of all the ignorant so and so's, forgive them, do not submit me to a months worth of "I Got a Ticket" threads, I beg you.

I hope you are not given a gun btw, that is some anger you got there mate.

Don't hold back.

I hope your superiors never make the mistake of issuing you with a firearm.

Real professionals, by the way do not lock up gob****es, they deal with offenders and people misbehaving in the appropriate manner.

I am sorry you lost your sense of humour, have a laugh on me I am an Evertonian, we got beat by Liverpool yesterday.

Most jobs have the capacity to enable a cocker upper to be jailed.

The Star on the 18th September ran an article... 'Why have so few

(14 in 10 years) incompetent police officers in the UK been sacked. It was quoting the Lib Dems who want to bring in 10,000 more police officers, but want to get rid of the deadwood first.

It pointed out that the police stick by each other more than most; commendable but it has the effect of having too many disincentivised senior officers spoiling the force and stopping the promoting of good officers.