Ever felt like running away

have any of you ever felt like just going as far away as you possibly can ? i have felt like this for the past week i feel like just packing some bits and doing something totally out of character. it sounds odd when i write it down but i am so fed up and bored of the day to day life i just want to have some fun and see some life. i am older than 20 i have 2 grown up sons and a beautiful grandson but i feel there is something missing. i feel like a lemon writing this but i have to get it off my chest :confused:

everyone feels like running away - but make sure you want to run away from your situation and not yourself (which is more likely) You can't escape yourself. Three words; acceptance, forgiveness, love.:thumbsup:

lots of people do this

many of them go volunteer to dig wells in third world countries, run wildlife centres for a while, teach kids in the third world

How far did you want to run? ;)

I do feel like that sometimes. I get the feeling now and again. I have ties now, so it wouldn't be that easy for me. But I think it's a natural feeling that most people have from time to time. There's nothing wrong with making a new start and having new experiences but you need to think things through and make sure you're not doing it for the wrong reasons.

feel like it everyday but where can one go

The grass is not always any greener on the other side of the fence

at the moment a million miles away. i'll just have to settle for the other side of town though.

have any of you ever felt like just going as far away as you possibly can ? i have felt like this for the past week i feel like just packing some bits and doing something totally out of character. it sounds odd when i write it down but i am so fed up and bored of the day to day life i just want to have some fun and see some life. i am older than 20 i have 2 grown up sons and a beautiful grandson but i feel there is something missing. i feel like a lemon writing this but i have to get it off my chest :confused:

you are deffinately not a lemon for thinking that....I always feel like it....:thumbsup:

so what's stopping you from doing so?

would you actually be leaving anybody behind?

I never feel like running away, but often feel like going on a long holiday.

It could be male menopause :huh: I know buy yourself a motorbike :thumbsup::D

I always feel like doing it!

My mum always said 'don't die with your dreams still inside you'.

she always said the only dream she'd never fulfilled was going to Egypt and feeling the pyramids (partially sighted).

When she died, we came accross a massive bank account earmarked 'Egypt' with a note scrawled underneath (if I can find anyone to take me).

People say live your life with no regrets.

I regret not taking her and I can pretty much guarantee one of her last thoughts was dissapointment that she didn't get to go - and it kills me.

Don't spend you life wanting

Spend your life doing.