Anyone with a drive to rent around Sheffield Hallam Uni?

Heyup,

I think there's roads around Collegiate that aren't covered by the Parking Permit thing. IIRC Monague Street just of Cemetery Road hasn't got any restrictions on it. Then it's only a 5min walk to Collegiate Cres' - I could be wrong though. Someone on here will probably correct me but it may be worth checking.

There's still unrestricted parking on/around Collegiate Crescent (the dead end) itself but you have to be there at stupid o'clock to find it. I used to work up there and would be there at 7.40-7.45 every day just for the luxury of not having to move the car every 4 hours (this was before the meters came in).

Is Brecks near Wickersley? Well, without a car this week I've had to bus it by there everyday **shudders**. Get 1, 2 or 10 to bus station then X78 then which ever 8x to Collegiate.

Or drive and park just beyond Hunter's Bar, drive to Meadowhall and X78. Tram does not serve Collegiate so if she wants to bus the end of it, she needs to park along the 8x routes to get the one bus on Ecclesall Road only.

If west one, is near enough there is always parking spots up for rent, secure underground cctv, they normally go for between £70-£90 per month, lots of city workers use them

you could park on one one of the side roads at banner cross/across from endcliffe park and walk or bus in 10 mins.

I too am having the same problem with the parking, i am either going to get the bus or as said move the car every four hours and hope there is a space somewhere else!

Cheers all

There's lots for us to go at here. We are going to go for a recky on Saturday and have a look at some of the suggestions. It's a shame that public transport isn't up to the job of getting students from out of town up to collegiate.

Rea

My friend is coming back to sheffield today for her 3rd yr, she's living somewhere off eccy road, ill see if she's got a driveway!

When I worked at Collegiate I ised to park at Nunnery square park and ride and get the tram up to the university. No ideal but unless you get there for about 7.30am its really difficult to get a space

I too would go for the park at Hunters Bar plus 10 mins walk option. a nice walk too.

crikey, as I type this I’m thinking 10 mins walk, have we actually reached the stage where people can’t do that? surely not?

I too would go for the park at Hunters Bar plus 10 mins walk option. a nice walk too.

There are a lot of meters and residents' only spaces near the park, though, so it might not be easy to park there.

You can usually park round by Endcliffe Park, that's not restricted (think it's Oakbrook Road??) then it's just 10 - 15 mins walk.

We live at Banner Cross, top end and you can bus from here to Collegiate in around 5 mins for £1... easy to get to as you can go staight off parkway to Chesterfield / Abbeydale Road and up to Banner Cross. Would lend you our driveway but there's no restricted parking at Ecclesall Road South.