Sign in to follow this  

Suggestions for late 20's guy

Hi folks,

I’m wondering if anyone here has any suggestions as to any activities I could become involved with in the Sheffield area. I’ve recently had a change in circumstances that means I’ve a lot more free time in the evenings and weekends, and am looking for something to fill the void.

I don’t really know to many people around Sheffield, so it’s tough to get into something new. The problem is, I’m in my late 20s, and everything around seems to be aimed at students, people a lot older or younger then me. I’m not really into sport,or clubbing, so it kind of limits my options.

Any suggestions?

Dur! You've just found it! The forum is best viewed all day every day from the comfort of your own home! :D

Welcome and enjoy your stay! :wave:

K x

Welcome new boy!

Maybe you should try a forum meet - I haven't been brave enough to try one out yet but plenty of other people have and it seems like they are well attended.

sport wise why not get into american football two nearby teams and maybe one day there will be one in sheffield

thats something new

Originally posted by LuckyR

sport wise why not get into american football two nearby teams and maybe one day there will be one in sheffield

thats something new

they had one a few years ago called the sheffield spartans they created no interest whats so ever as its the biggest pile of poo since nelly the elephant visited the peace gardens:)

Pangolin,

Have you thought about the Sheffield 20s & 30s Walking Group?

Regular walks in the Peak District and beyond, weekends away every month and many socials, for anyone in their 20s or 30s.

It's a big group but very friendly, details are all on the website:

http://www.sheffieldwalkinggroup.org.uk

You don't even have to be that fit, there are various lengths of walks!

Rob

and what do you do in your sparetime accept bellitle other peoples interests?

LuckyR meet kirky

This forum is quite a good place to start

Plenty of stuff to do

No doubt Sandraspice will be answering this thread at some point soon...

Sheffield is ideal for going mountain biking on summer evenings..

SOmebody mention me?

Yes you'd be welcome to join us - we're an adventure & social club for adults & loads of folks in their 20's & 30's a a bit older too. Have a look at our website we've got loads going on & we have a Preview nIght on Monday at the Showroom cinema for anyone wanting to find out more...

Any queries email our office (Don't PM me as I will be away skiing & my staff don't use the forum but will pick up emails)

Spice South Yorkshire

Pangolin, why not come along to a Forum meet? Put faces to names and get to know a few people. That way if there's something you're interested in you can take it from there.

When you're at a loose end it takes effort to get out there and do things and really the first step is down to you.

Me and a few friends go to Trippets every Thursday so you could always get yourself down there? Depends what you're into and what you're interested in or what you're prepared to try. Good luck :thumbsup: