Is it right for the Circus to have their A board out?

We run a business in sheffield and about 18 months/2 years ago we had a A-board taken by the council because it was a few yards a way from our shop. Although I thought it was really petty and not harming anyone walking past we accepted it and moved on.

However... I was driving down ecclesall road yesterday and the circus is soon to be on endcliffe park, and what annoyed me is that they had a large A-board in the central reservation area of ecclesall road. Now don't get me wrong, im no do gooder, bitter or busy body but why is it ok for them to have it in the middle of the road and be ok, and to have ours and others just taken by the council?

I have nothing against the circus and we all have to advertise.... it's even in my line of business, however surley fairs fair is'nt? Also, we are not allowed banners on the park fence.. which i actually agree with to some degree. However they are allowed. Now it may be because its a council fun event, i dont know but if it is... surley this is not fair. We all pay our business rates and we should all play by the rules.

I really want to point out, that i have nothing against the circus, and eveyone has a right to earn a living so please dont think im having a go at them.

What does anyone else think?

The circus will have moved on by the time the council gets chance to consider any complaints and take any action, a shop or business is a sitting duck.

I had to laugh at the weekend when there was someone putting up posters for carcraft outside carpeople, what they going to do next drag them in off the street, I know most people wouldn’t touch carcraft with a bargepole but……………:huh:

In the central reservation? Do you mean it's where folks walk?

Is it in the footpath?

If so then it wants shifting, double quick.

They should be as liable to follow the council's rules on A-boards as any other business.

interesting post. The board says it's a warning sign to traffic in that it points out a circus entrance and asks people not to move it for "health and safety reasons". In fact it blocks your vision when you are driving down Rustlings Road joining Ekky Rd so it's more of a hazard than anything else. And, come one,surely it's just a crafty way of advertising the circus?

Dont get me wrong im not trying to discredit the circus or anything, but i think its good we get the circus in sheffield (apart from if they use animals) but it just gets my back up when all business pay our rates and we get our a-board stolen and can only get it back after paying £50.00 :rant: